Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2006 3:31:31 PM EDT
would it be possible to make your own less lethal rounds?

i have wondered if you could get a reguar shotshell, pour out the shot, and fill up the cup with hot glue?

would it work?

how about hot glue pellets?

i have some pesky dogs in my area that i want gone, but not dead.

any other ideas?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:49:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Airsoft pellets?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:05:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Airsoft pellets?

thats a good idea.

since they weigh so little, you could do it like a muzzle loader.

insert blank cartridge, load up barrel with airsoft pellets, stuff in a cotton ball, and blamm!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:08:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't, you are just asking for trouble. If you fuck up, you could spend some time in the pokey. Use commercial less lethal so if it doesn't perform as it should you have someone else to blame.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:42:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Or you could blow up your own gun . If you make them you better find a good reloading source. I would just buy them new in the box since they are cheap.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:20:40 PM EDT
[#5]
"i have some pesky dogs in my area that i want gone, but not dead."

How about calling animal control?  
That's what you pay taxes for.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:44:34 PM EDT
[#6]
they make less lethal pellet loads
i think 15 yards max
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:20:22 AM EDT
[#7]
S&B Rubber Buckshot is still available in some places, but very expensive.

Many years ago, I would buy light Skeet/target loads.  I cut the tops off, and poured the shot out.  With the wad still in place, I would melt wax and pour it in.  These wax slugs would remove a little hair on dogs at extremely close range, but they would bounce off a piece of paper at 25yards.

Remember, you are pouring hot wax into a shell that has powder and a primer- you do this at your own risk!

BB guns are also effective.  Don't get the high powered pellet guns, just a regular spring powered, or 10-pump BB gun.  Don't use lead pellets; use steel BB's.  I've used those successfully over the years.

Roving dogs are a real problem; deterrents don't always work.  Sometimes you just have to kill them.  Antifreeze mixed with some table scraps is extremely effective.  They will die somewhere else and you won't have to dispose of them yourself.  If you are stealthy about it, no one will ever know...
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:25:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's a thought - go speak to the owner.

Here's a second thought - call animal control.

Here's a third - it's animal.

2Gun - Antifreeze mixed with some table scraps is extremely effective. They will die somewhere else and you won't have to dispose of them yourself. If you are stealthy about it, no one will ever know...

What a humanitarian....but you wouldn't wanna use any lead BBs ....
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:40:12 AM EDT
[#9]
You want them gone but not dead?

You could try this.....
Dog Dazer
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:49:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Here's a thought - go speak to the owner.

Here's a second thought - call animal control.

Here's a third - it's animal.

2Gun - Antifreeze mixed with some table scraps is extremely effective. They will die somewhere else and you won't have to dispose of them yourself. If you are stealthy about it, no one will ever know...

What a humanitarian....but you wouldn't wanna use any lead BBs ....

Yep, steel BB's will be "less lethal".  If he's worried about getting in trouble/getting caught, the antifreeze is an option that is lethal.

Dogs are often smarter than their owners, but they are still dogs.  When allowed to run free, they join up with other dogs and cause damage.  Dog owners at some point get the notion that "dogs need to run".  I say put up a huge a fence and let them run (inside the fence).  You can talk to these people, but the end result is the dogs will run.

I've talked to dog owners, hauled dogs to animal control, and killed a bunch.  It's part of the joy of living rural.  I'm assuming BlackBag is urban or suburban, so using 3" #1Buck is out of the question.  A BB gun is a deterent, if the dog can be deterred.  Some dogs, that doesn't work.  Antifreeze cures them.

Now, if you're wantin' to get all humanitarian, you can stop on down.  You can pitch your tent out in the field with the cows.  When you get done rounding up all the dogs, there's some trees you can hug...
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 11:02:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top