Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/27/2006 4:05:02 PM EDT
I got a pistol grip for my Mossburg pump the other day, and it seems hard to aim and seems like the second shot would be a bitch to get back on target. I'm thinking about putting my old stock back on, What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:18:30 PM EDT
Best of both worlds, control of pistol grip with an M4 collaspable stock.

They make it for your mossberg too, SST-590 by Cavalry Arms

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:23:40 PM EDT
Pistol grip with full stock is awesome. Pistol grip alone (no shoulder stock) is a useless gimmick. Here is my 3-gun shotgun:

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:26:38 PM EDT
A standard stock or pistol griped full stock ("tactical") is much better for controlling the gun than a pistol grip alone. The only use for a pistol grip is if you absolutely have to have a shorter gun (ie, for hiding or manueverability).
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:50:41 AM EDT
Thanks for the responses so far, I already put the factory stock back on the gun, With the 18" Barell, it's short enough, has anyone noticed the stock on the Mossburg is a little long? I was thinking about trying to shave a little length off, but I'm scared I'll cause permanant damage to it, Has anyone ever shortened their synthetic stock? How hard is it?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:07:42 AM EDT
I have the Speedfeed tactical short stock on mine (13" length of pull, factory is 14"). Fits me better. Shortening a synthetic stock can be tricky depending on where the pad screw pillars are.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:35:40 PM EDT
+1 for a Pistol Grip with a full length stock. It's the best of both worlds. Here is the setup I use for 3-Gun Tac Matches. It's an 870 shortened to 14" and a vert grip that I added. With the Aquila shorty 12 ga slugs I get the normal seven + one capacity.

MadDog

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:11:57 AM EDT
My buddy has the Mossberg 500 Persuader.

12G with 6pos collapsible stock and pistol grip. One of the most comfortable firearms I've ever held.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:42:28 PM EDT
My primary defensive shotguns use Speed Feed III and IV's. I do have 18 inch shotguns which wear only a pistol grip, which has its advantages. It makes a great auxillery weapon, especially when you adapt a handgun shoulder rig as a sling. With a weapons catch, its easy to maintain mobility and quick enough to deploy. I also have the pack mounted "holster" which attaches to your pack, or you can wear it alone. Its much like a "quiver" for arrows, and its very effective. With a sling, its possible to aim in a manner similar to a full stock, though shot to shot recovery is poor. With practice and a modified assault stance, you can be fairly effective. Shooting full power buck/slugs with only a pistol grip is brutality, but it certainly has a place.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:09:58 PM EDT
I use a Mossberg Cruiser. It seems like it is the one shotty that is always with me. I can hit targets at 35 yards with it, shooting from the hip. I run heavy 3" magnums through it, but I'm a big guy (6' / 375 lbs) so it doesn't bother me.

The pistol gripped shotty is fucking awsome!
Top Top