Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2006 11:13:30 AM EDT
im looking to put a pistol grip stock on my 870 but i was to know which one you guys think is the best. a buddy of mine has one that really shitty and doesnt  give me a very good check weld. im looking for one that is full length not collapsible either
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:35:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Try the Davis Speedfeed IV stock.  It has a R3 recoil pad on it, as well.  It's nice and is the standard stock on the 870P Max.  I like mine, very pointable/maneuverable and easy to shoulder.

www.speedfeedinc.com/
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 2:00:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I too like the SpeedFeed IV.  However, the standard SF IV has a 14" LOP which I think is too long for a tactical shotgun.  My 870 wears the SF IV-S, which has a 12" LOP when you take off the squish butt pad and add the hard plastic SWAT butt stock.  With a 12" LOP the weapon is more manueverable and quicker to point in, etc.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:43:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I too like the SpeedFeed IV.  However, the standard SF IV has a 14" LOP which I think is too long for a tactical shotgun.  My 870 wears the SF IV-S, which has a 12" LOP when you take off the squish butt pad and add the hard plastic SWAT butt stock.  With a 12" LOP the weapon is more manueverable and quicker to point in, etc.

Agreed, the Speedfeed IV-S was the one I went with also. Not that I feel a 14 LOP is too long for a shotgun just too long for me. I'm 5 foot 8 or so and the 13 or 12 inch LOP fits me well.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:48:36 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Try the Davis Speedfeed IV stock.  It has a R3 recoil pad on it, as well.  It's nice and is the standard stock on the 870P Max.  I like mine, very pointable/maneuverable and easy to shoulder.

www.speedfeedinc.com/

+1 on all accounts.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:53:29 AM EDT
[#5]
what LOP does the speedfeed 3 have? cuz i kind of like the idea were i can put slugs in the stock then have buckshot in a sidesaddle
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:53:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, sorry.  I forgot to mention that you can get one with the 13" LOP .  I like my squishy pad, though .
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:37:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Just to clear up the different LOPs on the SF IV series.  The standard SF IV comes with a 14" LOP.  The SF IV-s comes with a 13" LOP.  Both have "squishy" but pads.  SF also sell what they call the SWAT Butt Plate.  This buttplate is made of thin hard platic.  It replaces the squishy butt pad on the SF IV-s and shortens the LOP from 13" to 12".

The SF III has a 14" LOP.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:45:09 AM EDT
[#8]
I vote squishy R3 pad .

Edit:  *BLAM!* ..*squish*...*BLAM!*..*squish*.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:56:20 AM EDT
[#9]
I have two 870 Police Magnums, a 18.5 and 20 inch. I orginally had a SFIV-s on the 20 inch, which made it roughly the same length as the 18.5 inch weapon with a SFI stock. Shooting with this stock is brutality, especially with the "SWAT" but plate. I have also had trouble with the comb hitting me in the cheek bone, which feels like a punch, only harder. This weapon/stock combo is the only "fighting shotgun" I have ever experienced this with. I elected to use the shorter SFIV-s on my 18.5 inch weapon to maximize manuverability. I put a Speed Feed III magazine stock on my 20 inch 870, since its already too long and making it shorter doesn't make sense anymore. For the majority of aplications, the SpeeFeed III is awesome. I have the ATI pistol grip stock on my 590A1 six shot, which I really like. It doesn't require an adapter and fits much better than it did on any of my Remington's. The adapter really bugged me, but if it doesn't confront you, by all means....Its one of my favorite stocks. Choate also makes a good stock, worth looking at. There is a reason the majority of the guys here, and in LE use the Speed Feed stock. Its the cat's ass.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:36:18 AM EDT
[#10]
My vote is for the Mesa Tactical Adaptor.  You can get the low mount and use your bead, peep or rifle sights or you can get the high adaptor and put a dot sight on your 870.  I opted for the high mount and used an old Trijicon Reflex II that I had laying around.  The side saddles attach to the adaptor and not the receiver.  The adaptor uses any AR stock and pistol grip.

MadDog

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:07:50 AM EDT
[#11]
I just ordered a 6-shell side saddle from Mesa Tactical...I had thought about getting both the 6 and the 4 shot, but I decided I didn't want a side saddle on the right side...After seeing it on  yours I wish I had gotten it.  Oh well, I can always order again..Shipping is only like $4
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:40:22 AM EDT
[#12]
GoingIncognito,

I find the four rounder for the right side balances out the shotty better than just having the six rounder on the left only.

MadDog
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top