Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2006 12:39:47 PM EDT
I cycle and chamber a round, is it supposed to lock into place.  The action can be moved back.  Is this how it is supposed to be?  I've never had a pump shotgun before so I'm slightly confused.  My friend was saying his locks in place.  

This happen to anyone before?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:58:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, the action should be locking up.

Is this a new or used gun? Is anything limiting the forward movement of the forearm when you close the action? Have you ever taken the trigger group out of the gun to ensure nothing is gummed up inside? (a piece of shot stuck inside, powder fowling, weed seeds, etc)?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:02:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Nothing is impeding it at the forend side.  I've never dissassembled the trigger group but I don't see anything that would be stopping it.  

What exactly does the locking??? Its the trigger group correct?

The gun is new,  I just never noticed its failure to lock until my buddy pointed it out the other day.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:46:22 PM EDT
[#3]
The action bar lock (#56) engages the end of the action bar (#28) (See exploded view

Does the part of the "action bar lock" you can see to the left of the trigger guard move when you close the action? (It should) I've seen cases where the end of the action bar (where it engages the action bar) was a fraction too long or burred and would not lock properly. A swipe of a file fixed the problem.

If this is a NIB gun you bought at retail I'd take it back and have the seller swap it out or other wise make it right.

(No - I'd probably tear into it myself but that's just the way I am)
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 4:45:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:05:19 PM EDT
[#5]
There have been several cases of this lately, and in every case the problem was fouling in the chamber.

Get a good bore brush or better still a shotgun chamber brush and give the chamber a THOROUGH scrubbing.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:16:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Remington quality control.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:06:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok, I see whats supposed to happen, I'm gonna take ita part and look at it again.  Its clean enough to eat with with plenty of oil on it.

It doesn't lock with a round chambered or when its empty.  

Will update......
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:31:36 PM EDT
[#8]
On the trigger housing, there is a bar that is connected o the trigger, and one that comes from the shell lifter. If the two somehow get in the wrong position, this can happen. Been ther, done that.  The two bars are on the non-ejection port side of the gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top