Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2006 9:35:05 AM EDT
It says it comes with screws, do I have to drill my receiver?hinking.gif (not an opption!) Can it be mounted with velcro? I think I saw some one mention that method on here before.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:51:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I think you take out the screws in the reciever and put it on with the longer screws they send. Not sure because my shotgun came with it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:21:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, but my Winchester only has one pin for the FCG. Weird, huh?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:23:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yeah, but my Winchester only has one pin for the FCG. Weird, huh?

the sidesaddle for this gun may have a curved section to hug the receiver so 1 screw will work.
Just make sure you don't overtighten the screw, it will bind the action.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:28:22 AM EDT
[#4]
On my 870, I had to remove 2 pins that went through the receiver and replace them with the 2 screws that come with the TacStar.  You have to be careful not to overtighten the screws or you can bind up the action.  If you hold the tacstar up to you shotgun you should see whcih pins have to come out.

Also, are you sure you got the right TacStar for your Winchester?  Post pics if you can, and I'll try to help...

ETA:  Oops, brainfart...
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:33:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
On my 870, I had to remove 2 pins that went through the receiver and replace them with the 2 screws that come with the TacStar.  You have to be careful not to overtighten the screws or you can bind up the action.  If you hold the tacstar up to you shotgun you should see whcih pins have to come out.

Also, are you sure you got the right TacStar for your Mossy?  Post pics if you can, and I'll try to help...

poster has a Winchester
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:54:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't have the side saddle yet, I wanted to know before I bought it. I'll go ahead and get it, then if I have to drill my receiver I'll just sell it.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 11:04:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I don't have the side saddle yet, I wanted to know before I bought it. I'll go ahead and get it, then if I have to drill my receiver I'll just sell it.
Thanks.

If it helps you feel better I never saw a side saddle that required drilling
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:19:50 PM EDT
[#8]
You do not have to drill anything for the Tac star sidesaddle! As mentioned before, you remove the trigger asembly pins, install supplied screws, and tighten "snug". I use a small drop of Loctite 242 for insurance but it is not necessary. Hope this helps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top