Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 6:32:06 PM EDT
im looking for some opinions  on the SBE for a tactictal/SHTF platform.  thanks all
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:06:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I would have no problem using my Benelli SBE for HD or SHTF. It has a 24" barrel and a four shot extended tube.

I use the SBE for hunting, trap/sporting clays......and everything else, so why not use it as a tactical shotgun.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 10:03:28 PM EDT
[#2]
My SBE1 is great for outside, but I think it's a little long for HD.  I don't think they make a barrel shorter that 24".  Please correct me if I'm wrong.....
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 4:48:15 PM EDT
[#3]
The Benelli SBE would be a lousy HD weapon. The SBE is a great do-all-be-all shotgun that can do everything from doves to turkey, but its just too long and doesn't have the capacity for HD work. There are much better choices for defensive shotguns than the SBE, such as the Benelli M3, M4 or M1 Super 90. The M1S90 is an issue weapon for many LE agencies and is one of the best automatic fighting shotguns availible. Buying a SBE for HD duty would be ascinine, but it would be much better than nothing. If you are looking for a justification to spend the money to buy a SBE, you don't need one. They are great guns and are similar to owning three shotguns in one. I guess you could own one shotgun and use it for hunting/HD, but I don't see this as being very practical.  After you clean your birds, you would have to install your speed feed stock and extended magazine which doesn't seem to be very practical to me. My BFF uses a Beretta Pintail with a 24 inch tube, which is very, very similar to the SBE*though it lacks 3.5inch capability* Its shorter barrel length hiders it when hunting geese, but its alright for HD duty, though its a little long and only holds 5 shells. It works better than some other guns would, but its far from idea. Get an M1S90 instead of the SBE.....or buy your SBE and get a 150.00 Mosbberg 500 for HD.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top