Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2006 6:40:25 PM EDT
 I have started shooting pistol and carbine matches locally.  I would really like to get into shotguns.  I have a Rem 870 express I use for dove hunting.  Last night I was at Sportsman Warehouse and looked at a Rem 870 Marine Model.  Now I have already decided my tactical shotgun will be a Rem 870.  My question is the Marine Model worth the extra money you pay for it?  The 870 HD went for about $280, while the Marine sells for about $500.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:21:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Not unless you need a higher level of corrosion resistance. If you are puting it on your boat or something then maybe. Otherwise, the HD will do fine.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 9:04:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Not unless you need a higher level of corrosion resistance. If you are puting it on your boat or something then maybe. Otherwise, the HD will do fine.

+1. Go with the HD. Pretty hard to beat one.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 3:16:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 12:43:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for advice.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:01:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I like mine (pictured below) but if I did it again I would do it differently.  I'd probably buy one or comission one built straight from VangComp.  

Rem870 Marine Magnum
Sage Ghostring tritium front post sights
Sidesaddle
Giles Wilderness sling
Porting by a local gunsmith long out of business  (a good job that has worked very well)
Vang big head safety
Speedfeed replacement stock and forend
EricO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top