Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/4/2006 7:36:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/4/2006 7:37:11 PM EDT by mjohn3006]
I love the EE.
I picked her up yesterday.

Beretta 1201 FP

I can't shoot buckshot at my range, sluggs only, so I threw a bunch of slugs down range and I am very pleased. I have been using a mossberg 500 and I love it. But there is just somthing about semi-auto.

This baby is going next to the nightstand tonight. 000, 000, 000, slug, slug, slug.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:39:12 PM EDT
Beauty!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:46:19 PM EDT
I shot some bowling pins with my 590 this week.
A 3" 1 oz slug made it jump back 10-15 yards, and hop 5' vertical in the process. Very impressive.
The 3" 000 made it jump about 5 or more yards.
I hit it with 00 Hevi-shot too, but only once, that stuff is too pricey. It wasn't as impressive as the 000 or the slug, but I don't plan on getting broken into by a gang of bowling pins.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:46:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mjohn3006:
I love the EE.
I picked her up yesterday.

Beretta 1201 FP
nullbits.foxxz.net/albums/album03/Beretta_1201_FP.sized.jpg

I can't shoot buckshot at my range, sluggs only, so I threw a bunch of slugs down range and I am very pleased. I have been using a mossberg 500 and I love it. But there is just somthing about semi-auto.

This baby is going next to the nightstand tonight. 000, 000, 000, slug, slug, slug.

Very sharp, ProfessorChaos has one just like that, I have shot it a hadfull of times. It pretty much ate everything I fed it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:05:56 AM EDT
She sure is purty. Any plans to mount a light on her? Surefire?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:19:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/7/2006 6:21:13 AM EDT by PROFESSORCHAOS]
man...i need one of those stocks....mine has the plain stock
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:33:07 AM EDT
Good selection for H.D.!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:52:31 AM EDT
Very nice.

*I think I saw that gun shortly after it was listed and hit the IM button to say I would take it then decided I didn't need to spend the money*

Sometimes my decision making is a little off.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:54:19 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ZW17:

I probably should. It is light enough to hold with one hand, but I would not really want to fire it with one hand. A mounted light is a good idea.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:04:21 AM EDT

I probably should. It is light enough to hold with one hand, but I would not really want to fire it with one hand. A mounted light is a good idea.

+1 A good light could be the difference between a family member sleep walking and a perp trying to rob your house. A shotgun is a two handed operation, you cannot control 3" shells with only one hand no matter how big you are. Even if it is a cheap $75 light, it is a must.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:16:47 AM EDT

+1 A good light could be the difference between a family member sleep walking and a perp trying to rob your house. A shotgun is a two handed operation, you cannot control 3" shells with only one hand no matter how big you are. Even if it is a cheap $75 light, it is a must.

Do you have some recomended mounts/lights for this particular model?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:19:09 AM EDT
I had a 1201FP some time back w/ a Sure-Fire forend and MMC ghost rings and loved it. I sold it because I needed the $$, but as usual have regretted it ever since. Super light, super fast, and w/ the light; quick ID of threat (or not)...bbl might be a bit long, but still a good choice for HD (my .02).
Enjoy!
Mike
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:24:36 AM EDT

Do you have some recomended mounts/lights for this particular model?

I am a fan of Surefire anything, the prices are up there though. Look onCheaperthandirt.com for a less expensive light and mount. I have a .410 Mossberg that I mounted a $50 light on with a pressure switch for my girlfriend to be used as a HD gun. Decent light, good enough to illuminate a entire room and ID a target.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:27:30 AM EDT
Nice addition to the family!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:43:13 AM EDT
Way to go mjohn3006!!!

The Beretta 1201FP is one of my favorite shotguns.

How do you like the pistol grip stock? They always felt too short to me, so I went witht the standard stock.

Chris
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:00:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By UZI4you:
Way to go mjohn3006!!!

The Beretta 1201FP is one of my favorite shotguns.

How do you like the pistol grip stock? They always felt too short to me, so I went witht the standard stock.

Chris

Fits me perfectly
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:20:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PROFESSORCHAOS:
man...i need one of those stocks....mine has the plain stock

don't mean to hijack, but anybody know where i can get the pistol grip stock?

i've had my 1201 fp for about 8 yrs....imo, you made a wise purchase
Top Top