Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2006 7:36:45 PM EDT
I love the EE.
I picked her up yesterday.

Beretta 1201 FP

I can't shoot buckshot at my range, sluggs only, so I threw a bunch of slugs down range and I am very pleased.  I have been using a mossberg 500 and I love it.  But there is just somthing about semi-auto.

This baby is going next to the nightstand tonight.  000, 000, 000, slug, slug, slug.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 7:39:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Beauty!
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:46:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I shot some bowling pins with my 590 this week.
A 3" 1 oz slug made it jump back 10-15 yards, and hop 5' vertical in the process.  Very impressive.
The 3" 000 made it jump about 5 or more yards.
I hit it with 00 Hevi-shot too, but only once, that stuff is too pricey.  It wasn't as impressive as the 000 or the slug, but I don't plan on getting broken into by a gang of bowling pins.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:46:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I love the EE.
I picked her up yesterday.

Beretta 1201 FP
nullbits.foxxz.net/albums/album03/Beretta_1201_FP.sized.jpg

I can't shoot buckshot at my range, sluggs only, so I threw a bunch of slugs down range and I am very pleased.  I have been using a mossberg 500 and I love it.  But there is just somthing about semi-auto.

This baby is going next to the nightstand tonight.  000, 000, 000, slug, slug, slug.

Very sharp, ProfessorChaos has one just like that, I have shot it a hadfull of times. It pretty much ate everything I fed it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:05:56 AM EDT
[#4]
She sure is purty. Any plans to mount a light on her? Surefire?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:19:07 AM EDT
[#5]
man...i need one of those stocks....mine has the plain stock
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:33:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Good selection for H.D.!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:52:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Very nice.  

*I think I saw that gun shortly after it was listed and hit the IM button to say I would take it then decided I didn't need to spend the money*  

Sometimes my decision making is a little off.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:54:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I probably should.  It is light enough to hold with one hand, but I would not really want to fire it with one hand.  A mounted light is a good idea.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:04:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I probably should.  It is light enough to hold with one hand, but I would not really want to fire it with one hand.  A mounted light is a good idea.

+1 A good light could be the difference between a family member sleep walking and a perp trying to rob your house. A shotgun is a two handed operation, you cannot control 3" shells with only one hand no matter how big you are. Even if it is a cheap $75 light, it is a must.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:16:47 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1 A good light could be the difference between a family member sleep walking and a perp trying to rob your house. A shotgun is a two handed operation, you cannot control 3" shells with only one hand no matter how big you are. Even if it is a cheap $75 light, it is a must.

Do you have some recomended mounts/lights for this particular model?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:19:09 AM EDT
[#11]
I had a 1201FP some time back w/ a Sure-Fire forend and MMC ghost rings and loved it.  I sold it because I needed the $$, but as usual have regretted it ever since.  Super light, super fast, and w/ the light;  quick ID of threat (or not)...bbl might be a bit long, but still a good choice for HD (my .02).
Enjoy!
Mike
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:24:36 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do you have some recomended mounts/lights for this particular model?

I am a fan of Surefire anything, the prices are up there though. Look onCheaperthandirt.com for a less expensive light and mount. I have a .410 Mossberg that I mounted a $50 light on with a pressure switch for my girlfriend to be used as a HD gun. Decent light, good enough to illuminate a entire room and ID a target.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:27:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Nice addition to the family!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:43:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Way to go mjohn3006!!!

The Beretta 1201FP is one of my favorite shotguns.

How do you like the pistol grip stock? They always felt too short to me, so I went witht the standard stock.

Chris
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:00:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Way to go mjohn3006!!!

The Beretta 1201FP is one of my favorite shotguns.

How do you like the pistol grip stock? They always felt too short to me, so I went witht the standard stock.

Chris

Fits me perfectly
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:20:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
man...i need one of those stocks....mine has the plain stock

don't mean to hijack, but anybody know where i can get the pistol grip stock?

i've had my 1201 fp for about 8 yrs....imo, you made a wise purchase
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top