Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2006 10:01:07 AM EDT
Wanting to save a little money, I decided to build an 870 Police with the help of Brownells and my LE discount.  I started with an 870 Express Security model without the +2 tube.  I paid $279.99 for it at my local cop shop.  I than ordered the the following parts from brownells using my discount:

$144.64 -Police 870 18 1/2" barrel with rifle sights (park. finish)
$21.96 -Police speedfeed forend.
$72.42 -Police Trigger Plate Assembly (park. finish)
Parts total= $239.02
Shotgun total= $279.99
Total= $519.01
Now, my local shop had this same official Police set-up for $479.99.  So where's the savings?  I figured I could sell my extra parts on ebay and make at least $125-$140.  This would save me anywhere from $75 to $100.  Now, obvisiously this isn't the exact Police model (non parked receiver, etc.), but if you like to tinker like I do, some parts are going to get replaced anyway.  I've already added the Wilson Combat +2 tube which I find superior to the Factory +2.  It also has a sling attachment for lefty's.  The tube detents where quickly dremeled out as the socket trick didn't work for me.  Once I get the extra items sold, I plan on adding the new Knox pistol grip/ adjustable stock.  If anyone else is planning this endeaver, I would recommend the Security model with +2 from Big 5 for $299 as your starting gun.  This will help you avoid the detents (which I had forgotten about until I picked-up the gun).  I've also added a Tac-star sidesaddle, Wilson oversize safety button & Specter gear sling (also from brownells).  Good luck on your project.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:11:56 AM EDT
[#1]
You need a new gunshop!  I bought my 870P brand new off the rack a little over a year ago for $349.  Express HDs were going for $299, but I figured the Parkerized finish, aluminum trigger guard without ISS, machined extractor , and IC bore were worth $50, so I went with the Police Magnum.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 11:40:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Just bought the 7 shot Express froim Bud's Gun Shop, around $265 plus shipping and a local transfer. Then I found out about the guy on The High Road, selling them for $270 shipped...
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:11:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Top gun in the pic below:

Used 1952 870 Wingmaster Police, 20" barrel: $225.

Tacstar mag extension: $30

Mag tube clamp: $8

Total: $263

Done!

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:37:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You need a new gunshop!  I bought my 870P brand new off the rack a little over a year ago for $349.  Express HDs were going for $299, but I figured the Parkerized finish, aluminum trigger guard without ISS, machined extractor , and IC bore were worth $50, so I went with the Police Magnum.  

Boy, that's a good price.  Was that with rifle sighted barrel?   I'm in CA, so it's been slim pick-ins on good prices.  I probably could have ordered one from out-of-state, but after my dealers fees, the price would have been the same.  I'm happy with my build.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:08:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Boy, that's a good price.  Was that with rifle sighted barrel?   I'm in CA, so it's been slim pick-ins on good prices.  I probably could have ordered one from out-of-state, but after my dealers fees, the price would have been the same.  I'm happy with my build.

It was for Remington catalog order number 24897, which is walnut stock, 20" IC barrel with bead.  I replaced the bead with a Meprolight tritium bead.  It had been sitting on the rack for a while so I got a pretty good deal.  Most guys up here in AK were buying the Express HD models for bear protection, so the wood-stocked 870P wasn't getting any attention.  Their loss, my gain!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top