Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2006 7:37:41 PM EDT
I've got an M1 Super 90 with the two round extension that I'd like to replace with a mag extension that is the same length as the barrel.  Since factory benelli mag extensions are now worth their weight in gold, I've been shopping for an aftermarket mag extension.  The problem is that everyone seems to label them differently.  I thought I needed the Benelli 4 round extension, but the aftermarket extension that is listed as being 9" in length is supposed to be a three round extension.  The other extensions I've found are listed by total magazine capacity.  Will an 8 round magazine protrude beyond the muzzle?  What will the M1 Super 90 with a full length magazine hold?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:09:58 PM EDT
[#1]
How long is your barrel?

I have a Benelli M1 Practical that features a 26" barrel and a extra long extended tube. It is a factory set up and it will hold 9 or 10 shells.

On my 24" Benelli SBE this tube will go all the way to end of the barrel.

When Benelli came out with the Practical model that was the only shotgun that came with the really long extended tube and they would not sell it seperate.

Here are a few from Numruch

http://www.e-gunparts.com/product.asp?chrProductSKU=840760&MC=

Here is another from Brownells

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=1607&title=MAGAZINE+TUBE+EXTENSION+KIT

http://www.e-gunparts.com/product.asp?chrProductSKU=740700&MC=
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 8:10:41 PM EDT
[#2]
check with choate. you may even need to call, but they have what you need.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:16:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Keep in mind that as you add weight to an inertia operated gun, the greater the chance of a failure to cycle.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:23:08 AM EDT
[#4]
mag extension will not cause failures in a M1 super 90....you can get 4 shot extensions 2 shot extensions....hold 7 plus one  so on and so on........the benelli M1super 90 starts to have failures when people start hanging all the stupid shit on its sides(side saddle) and scopes, lasers, etc etc...the M1 is an EXTREMELY reliable shotgun, just dont try to turn it into a super ninja new do dad super shotgun and you wont have any issues :)
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:12:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
mag extension will not cause failures in a M1 super 90....you can get 4 shot extensions 2 shot extensions....hold 7 plus one  so on and so on........the benelli M1super 90 starts to have failures when people start hanging all the stupid shit on its sides(side saddle) and scopes, lasers, etc etc...the M1 is an EXTREMELY reliable shotgun, just dont try to turn it into a super ninja new do dad super shotgun and you wont have any issues :)

+1

Benelli shotguns are the best
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top