Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2006 3:10:41 PM EDT
Hey all, I just bought a Mossberg 500 and when I went to load it, it would only accept two shells in the tube.

Any ideas what could possibly be jamming the thing?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:12:27 PM EDT
[#1]
maybe it has a plug in it ?

check for a wood dowl in the tube
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:48:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Well' I'll be. There was a damn dowell rod in there!

THANKS ROGUE!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:09:12 PM EDT
[#3]
The man knows his shit.
Somebody prolly used it for hunting or something like that.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:14:57 PM EDT
[#4]
You are only allowed to put two shells in the magazine while hunting of while at many skeet shooting facilities.  Because of this, new shot guns are sold with dowell rods to limit magazone capacity to two rounds.  Even my Winchester Camp Defender came that way.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:20:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I got the 8 shot "Cruiser" model and it even came with the dowell, as if I was going to go hunting with a pistol gripped shotty.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:21:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I got the 8 shot "Cruiser" model and it even came with the dowell, as if I was going to go hunting with a pistol gripped shotty.

My turkey gun is pistol gripped
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:09:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I got the 8 shot "Cruiser" model and it even came with the dowell, as if I was going to go hunting with a pistol gripped shotty.hr

Mine did too.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 11:04:46 AM EDT
[#8]
IIRC they or supossed to be shipped with the dowel in place. Either the gun store guy told me that or a piece of paper that came with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top