Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2006 2:24:44 AM EDT
Looking to get a 870 tactical, I think.

My needs are the ghost ring sight system, Wilson or XS, I think they have the Wilson brand.  18 or 20 inch barrell and extended mag tube to hold 8 or 9 shells int he gun.  Shooting up to 3 inch shells.

new / used status is secondary, pistol grip or reg stock secondary

I havn't been shotgun shopping a lot, or recently, please catch me up as to the best places to get a deal.

This shotgun will be used for 3 gun events.  I have a benelli s90 that will be sold soon to fund this project.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 6:35:18 AM EDT
[#1]
The most affordable, and cheapest Remington 870s you will find are in pawn shops. I just picked one up for $129.00 out the door. You could use it as a base for your high speed low drag build.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:40:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Building from used is a great option. If you want something ready to go, the cheapest is the express, the home defense version is available in a 7 shot matte finish piece. Can be had under $300. Just ordered one from Bud's, $266 plus shipping. Then I found out about a guy over on The High Road, selling same for $270 shipped! Downside here is no ghost ring or sights, just a bead. You'd have to add the ghost ring to meet your requirements (available from Trijicon for $99, plus someone needs to install them).

The same guy on The High Road (gotta look up his name, saw in another thread here) also has the Police Models. Most would say better than the Express (technically, it IS). Metal trigger group instead of plastic, stronger springs, better finish and smoother overall. SUBSTANTIALLY more money however. But available with Ghost Rings, and any other upgrades you want, including different stock configureations, sights, 8 rounds on a 20 inch barrel.

According to my local shop, (has both in stock) lots of guys are using the Express for three gun and doing fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top