Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/24/2006 7:00:00 AM EDT
I just got a new 590A1 (20", 8+1, GRS)

This will be be used for HD and 3 gun.

I'll probably be getting a Mesa Tactical shell holder, now I need help selecting a Sling.

I've heard talk of a GG&G product and CQB something as a source.

hook a brother up with a little guidance here and if you have pics. that'll be nice too
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 2:14:08 PM EDT
http://www.mesatactical.com/index.php?cPath=34&osCsid=3b10f4f1360ef5e62102a18be6754589

http://www.spectergear.com/mout_sling.htm

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:31:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:36:55 PM EDT
+1 on CQB Solutions, errrrr... I mean Specter Gear (they changed their name).

High quality equipment.

Cheers,
Chris

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:45:30 AM EDT
ok, I'm liking the CQB sling.. but should I get the buttstock shell carrier on it or not?

I will be using a Mesa Tactical Shell holder (6).

can the shell carrier (buttstock) be removed? (I will eventually be using it for 3g and don't want things to be too bulky)
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:10:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RED_5:
ok, I'm liking the CQB sling.. but should I get the buttstock shell carrier on it or not?

I will be using a Mesa Tactical Shell holder (6).

can the shell carrier (buttstock) be removed? (I will eventually be using it for 3g and don't want things to be too bulky)

+1 on the CQB / Specter sling.

If you are using a side saddle, scrap the buttstock holder.

I'm rethinking my HD shotty. I have a 590, with a side saddle. I had a "bump in the night" moment a couple weeks ago and used it to clear the house. I found it rather unwieldy with a full load in the magazine and side saddle.

YMMV
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:18:50 PM EDT
I ordered the Spectre sling and GG&G thingy.. having issues with the Mesa website.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:20:45 PM EDT
I have the same shotgun...oddly enough for the same uses. I'm running a 6-shell side saddle and a Giles 3-point sling. From what I can see the rear attachment is the same as the SpecterGear (fine sling as well), and it attaches the front by way of a small plate you fit behind the end of the magazine cap. I've had it on there for four years, and once I got it adjusted right, zero problems, and that includes two days of hard training, at least a dozen range trips, a couple matches, and a few midnight house clears.
Top Top