Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/23/2006 4:54:18 AM EDT
Hey guys,

I would like to replace the bead sight on my 870P with a Tritium version. The only one I've found is this one by Marble Arms...

TRITIUM SHOTGUN SIGHT

Does anybody here have one to comment on the quality of it? Are there any other choices out there? (I'm not looking for ghost ring sights or anything that would involve having to weld on a new sight base)

Assuming I go with this one, which thread pitch\dia. do I need for the Remmy 870P? What the best way to remove the factory bead without screwing it up? I'm assuming (hoping) they are not loc-tite'ed in?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:36:35 AM EDT
I have a Meprolight tritium bead from Brownell's on my 870P. Works great. I think Trijicon makes one now with 6-48 threads too.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:51:31 PM EDT
The Marble one is a fine replacement, and so is the XS version. All tritium beads tend to be about the same size, so I say go with something with a bit more to "standout".
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:17:04 PM EDT
How do you install these? Can it be done on your own?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:42:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Mike_AK:
I have a Meprolight tritium bead from Brownell's on my 870P. Works great. I think Trijicon makes one now with 6-48 threads too.

Hey Mike - I found the Meprolight one after posting this but the one thing I do not like about it is, it does not have a white insert around the Tritium like they do on their pistol sights (and like the Marble version). Seems like without it, it would be pretty hard to pick up during daylight hours?

If Trijicon has one with the 6-48 threads, it's not on their web site yet?

Originally Posted FAIL-SAFE:
The Marble one is a fine replacement, and so is the XS version. All tritium beads tend to be about the same size, so I say go with something with a bit more to "standout".

Good to know the Marble, thanks. I hadn't seen the XS version until you posted that and I searched for it. Seems like it would be easy to pick up but I don't know that I like the idea of epoxying it over the factory bead. On the other hand, I did wonder about the screw in kind, how do you make sure they are screwed in tight and still properly aligned?

Just to make sure in case I do go with a screw in kind, 6-48 is the right thread for a Remmy 870P?

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:41:29 PM EDT
I think the one Marble is selling is actually the Trijicon unit. Yes, 6-48 is the correct thread pitch for the 870P. The beads on the Express models are pressed in. The Meprolight is easy to pick up during the daytime. The only thing I do not like about the Meprolight is that it glows at both ends, so the bad guy can see the dot as well. I just covered the other end with black magic marker. Now only I can see the green dot. I'm not a fan of the jumbo tritium dots. My 870P with the stock bead or the Meprolight is dead on with slugs at 25 yards. I'm afraid the big bead would make it shoot low.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:09:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Mike_AK:
I think the one Marble is selling is actually the Trijicon unit. Yes, 6-48 is the correct thread pitch for the 870P. The beads on the Express models are pressed in. The Meprolight is easy to pick up during the daytime. The only thing I do not like about the Meprolight is that it glows at both ends, so the bad guy can see the dot as well. I just covered the other end with black magic marker. Now only I can see the green dot. I'm not a fan of the jumbo tritium dots. My 870P with the stock bead or the Meprolight is dead on with slugs at 25 yards. I'm afraid the big bead would make it shoot low.

Thanks for the info Mike.
Top Top