Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 12:52:24 PM EDT
I have a 12 gauge Nikko over & under shotgun which I am wanting to get refinished/blued.

I want someone that has the expertise to give my shotgun a finish that is equal to or better than it came from the manufacturer.

Can you give me some suggestions for gunsmiths that have a reputation for doing excellent refinishing work ?  Please include website and/or telephone numbers, if possible.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:24:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 12:36:03 PM EDT
[#3]
You will want a genuine High-end re-finisher, and THE highest-end is Doug Turnbull.
They are world-famous for firearms restoration and do work for Colt and many other gun makers.

They have managed to duplicate most of the old high-grade bluing and color casing formulas and techniques, and do the best work there is.

Prices are high, but the quality is higher.
turnbullrestoration.com/

Other than them, Simmons Guns in Kansas has been specializing in high-grade shotgun work since the 1940's.
www.simmonsguns.com/

Other than these, you could just pick a high-grade refinishing service that offers better grades of re-bluing.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:43:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Kyle Munson, owner of GunCoat Northwest...webpage at www.guncoat.com..check out my shotgun at this thread SHOTGUN
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:02:49 PM EDT
[#5]
you can also try www.RMPGUNWORKS.com i have a mossburg 590 in coyote brown and a xd9 in wolf grey done by them, love both and he is going to be doing a custom AR-15 for me shortly
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 7:49:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top