Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 7:35:45 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:38:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:51:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:08:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, so much for the hot rumor that Remington was going to close up shop.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:07:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well, so much for the hot rumor that Remington was going to close up shop.

Why would remington close up shop??
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:32:01 PM EDT
[#5]
A month or so back, after the word came out that Winchester was folding up shop, some people were pushing a rumor that Remington was going to sell out and close.

"After all, they never make anything really new", the line went.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:01:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
A month or so back, after the word came out that Winchester was folding up shop, some people were pushing a rumor that Remington was going to sell out and close.

"After all, they never make anything really new", the line went.

Hadnt heard that one. I live about 3 miles from the factory. They were having some energy issues(steam supplier) & more & more sub contracting... But no word on shut down. -Justin
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:21:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh dang!

www.remington.com/products/firearms/shotguns/tactical_shotguns.asp

I just started reworking another 870 and I have to see that.  Man!  The most interesting thing on that page was the 2 "Tactical" 1100's.  18" barrel & SpeedFeed IV stock with R3/LimbSaver pad, and it's all factory!  An 18" factory barrel!  I wonder if they'll sell me just the barrel... I also wonder if that is the regular or Magnum 1100...

I also thought it was interesting that they chose the 1100 for the Tactical lineup, not the 11-87.  granted, I own two 870's, one 1100, and no 11-87's; there is a reason for that on both counts.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:32:37 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a Remington Competition Master I use for 3-gun but thought they dropped it from the 2005 line. Now it looks like they must have had a demand to bring it back. Nice shotgun IMHO.....Trapfan.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:15:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Well Remington finally posted the offerings for 2006. Lot's of new and interesting stuff. Go to the Remington web ste and click on What's New.

<SNIP> Some models come with the Knoxx SpecOps stock straight from the factory. But they don't say police on the side some my guess is that many of our members will still want the LE models. The bad news for me is that they are OD GREEN! No green guns for me! I know many here like the green but not me. The Express HD model is still offered.

Well I'm upstate NY and my friend wants to shoot my 9417 before the race starts so more later. MIKE.      

The SpecOps is available on the LE side as well. Remington is also putting it on their new turkey gun and their 7615 patrol carbine.

CaCrusin

www.knoxx.com
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 9:54:44 AM EDT
[#11]
The list of imported guns bearing the Remington name is growing

And Mile, I'd hold off on buying that bottom eject Remmie for now.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:22:22 PM EDT
[#12]
maybe it has something to do with the rumor of winchester closing that i heard
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top