Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 12:10:01 AM EDT
can anyone please provide me with pictures of this foregrip on an 870...i have never seen anyone use one of these.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:10:20 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
can anyone please provide me with pictures of this foregrip on an 870...i have never seen anyone use one of these.

As far as I understand it, it's the same as the 618fa except with a higher output light. The Surefire 618fa is a 6 volt unit and the 918fa is a 9 volt unit. The 618 fa puts out 65 lumens for one hour and the 918fa puts out 125 lumens for one hour. They both use CR123 3 volt batteries. The 6 volt uses two and the 9 volt uses three. You can get a high output bulb assembly for both as well, boosting the lumen output. In the 618fa, the high output setup will yield 120 lumens for 20 minutes. In the 918fa, the high output bulb assembly will yield 225 lumens for 20 minutes.

It all comes down to price and light output. More details can be found here on Surefire's site. I would reccomend arfcom vendor brightflashlights for your purchase. He has the bes prices on Surefire products and fantastic customer service.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 7:44:22 AM EDT
[#2]
the 918FA is a little longer I think because of the extra battery so the light sticks out farther, that is just what I can say from what I've seen of them I am interested in getting one of these for my 870.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:38:09 AM EDT
[#3]
918FA is longer and heavier.  If your primary use for the light will be indoors, I would recommend the 618FA but if your primary use is outdoors, I would recommend the 918FA.

The 6v systems puts out more than enough light for most indoor situations.  The 9v could be too bright (i.e. the light reflecting off of walls will impair your vision).
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 3:44:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
the 918FA is a little longer I think because of the extra battery so the light sticks out farther, that is just what I can say from what I've seen of them I am interested in getting one of these for my 870.

The length and weight of only one more CR123 battery can't really make that much difference.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:24:33 PM EDT
[#5]
terdferguson,

That much of a difference to whom?  (Ok, you don't have to answer because it was a rhetorical question).  Seriously, the 918 is longer and heavier.  That is a fact and was stated as such.  Clearly, the main point of my post was to mention the difference in light output.  The difference in light output is significant depending out one's use of the weapon.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:03:14 PM EDT
[#6]
well i live in a rural area on 1 1/2 acres so i figured the brighter light might be a good choice...i heard that it is bigger than the 618 and was just curious what it looked like
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:13:39 PM EDT
[#7]
618FA

918FA
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:26:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Is it possible to unscrew the short light (2 cell) and screw in a 3 cell like an M3 Millenium body and have all the other controls work?  Just curious, I just bought a Wilson and would like a little more light...

Thanks,

ReconJack
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:46:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Nevermind, I tried it and it does NOT work....
Thanks anyway.

Jack
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 11:06:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Is it possible to unscrew the short light (2 cell) and screw in a 3 cell like an M3 Millenium body and have all the other controls work?  Just curious, I just bought a Wilson and would like a little more light...

Thanks,

ReconJack

Give Brightflashlights a holler. If I recall our conversation correctly, the 918fa is essentially an M3 body. But talk to him to know for sure, I've been known to be wrong plenty before.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top