Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2006 5:48:40 AM EDT
Looking at picking up a used 870 and getting it "tacticaled" out.  Thinking about sending it off to Scattergun for their Remington Steal package (looks like a good deal!), and then sending it to Vang for a comp.  Any opinions on this?  Which order should i do it (Wilson then Vang, or vice versa?)  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:07:24 AM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:11:18 AM EDT
[#2]
No experience with the Vang, but IMHO the Remington Steal package is a great value.  I have several 870s...

... and my very favorite is still an old beater 870 that I picked up cheap and sent to WC/ST for that package:

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:30:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd have the Vang comp installed first, since it's best to have the finish applied after all mods are done.

Of course, by the time you buy a gun, throw most of it away, have Vang do the comp, then have Wilson do everything else, you could just cut to the chase and buy a new Remington 870P Police model and have the best at probably a lower price.

Here's some sites that sell the Police guns.  These will give you a ball park idea of what a new Police model costs.
www.capoliceequip.com/

www.territorialsupplies.com/

www.impactguns.com/store/

Here's Remington's LE site showing what's available:
www.remingtonle.com/

Last, here's a member on the High Road who may sell the Police cheaper than anyone.
Kevin Wells
Discreet Ordnance
[email protected]

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:00:57 PM EDT
[#4]
One thing I forgot:  If you do go the Remington Steal route, remember to take your original stock off before shipping the shotgun.  They replace it anyway, and they don't return your old one if you send it with the gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top