Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/12/2006 5:20:23 AM EDT
Yesterday I purchased a few boxes of Winchester Low Recoil 1 oz slugs (RA12RS15) when Igot home and opened them up I noticed they were quite different from the Winchester slugs I had at home (same stock number) The new slugs were low brass and had a bright white case, my old ones were high brass and had a dull grey case. Is there any difference in functioning between these two? I prefer the high brass but my gun digests low brass without a hitch. I searched but could not find a thread I read awhile back about a LEO agency having some issues with Winchester LR ammo anyone have any info on this? Was it a low brass vs high brass issue?
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 11:07:08 AM EDT
sounds like the Ranger line of "LEO" ammo...low (silver) brass and a nice shiny white hull.

I can't tell you much about their functionality or accuracy, sorry
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:40:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:44:23 PM EDT

. I searched but could not find a thread I read awhile back about a LEO agency having some issues with Winchester LR ammo anyone have any info on this? Was it a low brass vs high brass issue?

they were using the low recoil rounds in their semi-autos and it wasn't cycling the heavy springs intended for full power loads
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:14:30 AM EDT
Rampant Colt

As far as I remember that wasn't the issue.....
Top Top