Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:31:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 3:56:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's what this topic has taught me.

-All though I've shot many boxes of slugs out of my 870PM, the mag extension is going to fly off and the only thing that will fly further are the rounds that were in the tube. Coincidentally this will happen when I shoot slugs.

-I need to get rid of my sling, reguardless of how or what I use my shotgun for.

-I need to get rid of the magazine tube extension as it's as thin as sheet metal and will result in a dramatized traumatizing failure.

-Mag clamps do absolutely nothing under any circumstances.

-A slight bump will shatter the tube extension.

Sarcasm off.

I wouldn't lack any confidence breaking out a window with my mag extension. My gun's an ex police gun, and I assure that the extension has seen alot. I'll try and post pictures as it has some gouges that would make most aftermarket extensions cringe. By the way, the tip of the extension is at the very least 1/4" thick.

When it gets nicer out and I have access to a digital camera, I think I'm going to do some testing as this topic has alot of comments that I highly doubt. If it breaks during my testing, I'll switch to a standard cap. If not, I'll continue using my weak and worthless extension and clamp happily, as I have been.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 8:33:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I think you misunderstood. The mag extension is not weak, its the factory tube. The factory tube is weak only when used in conjunction with the extension, and the clamp solves this issue.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:15:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:49:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got a Choate extension w/clamp on my 870 Magnum SP. It's gonna stay on there as I want the extension to be supported at both ends. You guys that don't like them,,then don't use them.
I don't modify my weapons to suit anyone but myself. Myself thinks a clamp is necessary.
Have a nice day.
Clint
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:23:24 PM EDT
[#6]
From reading EPD1102's earlier post, I bought one of his 3 shot new Remington parkerized L.E. magazine extensions for $50.  I paid him on Friday and got in on Monday!!!  Great seller!  Installation was a breeze and it functions perfect.  It also came with a mag clamp which I also installed.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:22:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Law enforcement around here is pitiful.  It is almost impossible to get them to respond, and when they do, they don't get out of the car.  It doesn't matter if the shotgun has a sling or even any shells in it.

A month ago I was in town.  I noticed a patrol car parked on the street and the onboard arsenal caught my eye.  In the middle, between the driver's and passenger's seat was a shotgun and an AR.  I had to laugh.  I believe my comment was, "You have to actually get out of the car to deploy either one of those."

But, it really doesn't matter what I say because there will be a comment that contradicts, so...

I couldn't resist this opportunity to educate someone who needs to be educated.

1. It is not tactically safe to let someone walk up to your car while you are seated in it.  You always contact someone while you are outside of the police car (police training 101).
2.  Slings, like the one point I have on my shotgun, allow for weapon retention, tactical movements, and weapons transitioning (also known as two handed shooting).
3.  I trust a part that makes the essential parts on my weapon more secure.  The alternative is not feasible
4.  As far as economics, I only have one ass to loose, and it is not for sale at this time.
5.  Finally, we have a free market economy in a Representative Republic.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:22:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

"Law enforcement around here is pitiful.  It is almost impossible to get them to respond, and when they do, they don't get out of the car.  It doesn't matter if the shotgun has a sling or even any shells in it.

A month ago I was in town.  I noticed a patrol car parked on the street and the onboard arsenal caught my eye.  In the middle, between the driver's and passenger's seat was a shotgun and an AR.  I had to laugh.  I believe my comment was, "You have to actually get out of the car to deploy either one of those."

But, it really doesn't matter what I say because there will be a comment that contradicts, so..."

1. It is not tactically safe to let someone walk up to your car while you are seated in it.  You always contact someone while you are outside of the police car (police training 101).
2.  Slings, like the one point I have on my shotgun, allow for weapon retention, tactical movements, and weapons transitioning (also known as two handed shooting).
3.  I trust a part that makes the essential parts on my weapon more secure.  The alternative is not feasible
4.  As far as economics, I only have one ass to loose, and it is not for sale at this time.
5.  Finally, we have a free market economy in a Representative Republic.

Who are you trying to educate?  I'm not a cop.  Do you want me to make copies of this and hand them to the dispatcher at the sheriff's office for you to be distributed?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 11:40:18 AM EDT
[#9]
i would say the military extension.  

im selling one on ebay

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7227951944
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:27:08 AM EDT
[#10]

"Law enforcement around here is pitiful. It is almost impossible to get them to respond, and when they do, they don't get out of the car. It doesn't matter if the shotgun has a sling or even any shells in it.

A month ago I was in town. I noticed a patrol car parked on the street and the onboard arsenal caught my eye. In the middle, between the driver's and passenger's seat was a shotgun and an AR. I had to laugh. I believe my comment was, "You have to actually get out of the car to deploy either one of those."

But, it really doesn't matter what I say because there will be a comment that contradicts, so..."

1. It is not tactically safe to let someone walk up to your car while you are seated in it. You always contact someone while you are outside of the police car (police training 101).
2. Slings, like the one point I have on my shotgun, allow for weapon retention, tactical movements, and weapons transitioning (also known as two handed shooting).
3. I trust a part that makes the essential parts on my weapon more secure. The alternative is not feasible
4. As far as economics, I only have one ass to loose, and it is not for sale at this time.
5. Finally, we have a free market economy in a Representative Republic.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who are you trying to educate? I'm not a cop. Do you want me to make copies of this and hand them to the dispatcher at the sheriff's office for you to be distributed?

I know your not a cop, but you act like you know the job better than your local law enforcement.  I'm sure you and I could have a nice discussion on all the inaccuracies in your replies, but that would be too tiresome.  
...And to think all of this started over the discussion on magazine extension clips.    
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:13:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
"Law enforcement around here is pitiful. It is almost impossible to get them to respond, and when they do, they don't get out of the car. It doesn't matter if the shotgun has a sling or even any shells in it.

A month ago I was in town. I noticed a patrol car parked on the street and the onboard arsenal caught my eye. In the middle, between the driver's and passenger's seat was a shotgun and an AR. I had to laugh. I believe my comment was, "You have to actually get out of the car to deploy either one of those."

1. It is not tactically safe to let someone walk up to your car while you are seated in it. You always contact someone while you are outside of the police car (police training 101).
2. Slings, like the one point I have on my shotgun, allow for weapon retention, tactical movements, and weapons transitioning (also known as two handed shooting).
3. I trust a part that makes the essential parts on my weapon more secure. The alternative is not feasible
4. As far as economics, I only have one ass to loose, and it is not for sale at this time.
5. Finally, we have a free market economy in a Representative Republic.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who are you trying to educate? I'm not a cop. Do you want me to make copies of this and hand them to the dispatcher at the sheriff's office for you to be distributed?

I know your not a cop, but you act like you know the job better than your local law enforcement.  I'm sure you and I could have a nice discussion on all the inaccuracies in your replies, but that would be too tiresome.  
...And to think all of this started over the discussion on magazine extension clips.    

A strange vehicle is in the road after dark.  The engine is running, it is occupied, and the headlights are shining at my house.  I stay in the shadows and assess the situation.  Large truck, tinted windows, at least 2 occupants from the voices I hear.  I call 911 and they say, "Weeeeeell, we're in the middle of a shift change..."

I find out later that the driver was a repeat DUI offender with no driver license, and no chance of ever getting one again.  The vehicle was borrowed and had no license plates or insurance.  The other occupant was a young lady who lived down the road.  The driver had stopped infront of my place to yell at her and beat the crap out of her...

I was moving some cattle feed and noticed a vehicle stop at the other barn.  This person was responsible for the death of some calves, cattle getting loose on the highway, and was not supposed to be on the property (very long story).  I rolled up, but remained on the other side of the road.  I politely asked, "What's going on?"  She proceeded to get really mouthy and abusive with me.  I quickly told her to vacate the premises, or she would have to explain her presence and actions to the police.  

About 20 minutes later, a cruiser arives.  I didn't call because the woman left.  The officer explained that the woman wanted to press charges for "verbal assault", and he wanted to hear what I had to say.  Apparantly asking "what's going on" to a trespasser is verbal assault.  Some one that has been warned to not come onto private property that does anyway goes from trespassing to "criminal trespassing" in this state, but that didn't seem to matter for some reason.  The cop was treating me like I was the guilty party, even though I was on my property.  He seemed to understand the situation after I explained it thoroughly.  I still couldn't figure out how I could be charged when the other party was criminally trespassing.  The cop advised that I was entitled to ask that the people leave; if they don't, call 911.  He said that the police were the "mediators"; that is their job.  The woman never followed up so no charges were made or pressed.

On another instance, my dogs were barking wildly after midnight.  It was that bark that meant something was wrong.  I armed myself and investigated.  I looked around and couldn't see anything.  Then a truck appeared in the driveway.  The driver explained that the comotion was from his dogs treeing a 'coon.  I asked why he was running his dogs on my property.  He said he had permission.  That was impossible because he never asked me.  He mumbled something and drove off.  I watched as he left so I could get his plate number, but he had removed the license plate bulbs.  I bumped the momentary switch on my flashlight so I could get the number.  The driver immediately slammed on his brakes, cussed loudly, threw it in reverse and sped straight for me.  According to state law I had every right to use lethal force to "neutralize the threat".  I chose to retreat to the house and call the "mediators" via 911.  The mediators showed up 1 hour and 45 minutes later.

So, when a life is in danger, they will show up 2 hours later, or not at all.  But, if you are asking trespassers to leave, they will arrive quickly to press charges against you.  I can't say that I know or have been trained on law enforcement tactics, ethics, or etiquette, but that is just plain pitiful!  If I was that derelict in my job, I would have been fired a long time ago.  Is this making sense?  Does it explain why my respect for local law enforcement dwindles?

We are coming up on an election soon.  I am going to meet with the current sheriff for a sit down chat.  I will do the same with the other candidates.  I can effect a change...
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:42:54 PM EDT
[#12]
As I have stated many times in the past this is the Shotgun forum. If you want to bitch about your local police go to the GD or Hometown forums. Thanks, MIKE.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top