Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2006 2:19:48 PM EDT
So I bought a used 1100 16 ga. knowing full well it had a cycling problem But, in the ways of ARFcom I figured, hell, I can probaly fix it

Well, I took it out today to see just how bad the problem was, and sure enough won't cycle. Tried a couple different loads and nothing.

Externally the gun gun is in great shape, action works good.

Any help would be appreciated
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:25:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Check to see if you have an O-ring on the mag tube.
Go d/l the manual from Remington's web site and make sure you have all the parts.  My bet is the O-ring is gone.  I just checked the manual and it says 1100's have a "gas seal" which is an O-ring.  I recently broke mine on my 1187 and it would fire but not cycle at all.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:38:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it a metal Oring, because that is there.

Just looked on Egun parts and you're right no oring, why wouldn't it have an oring?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#3]
It broke and the prior owner didn't replace it.  I'm on my third in 2 or 3 years.  They cost me about $3.50 at the local mom & pop place.  There was a piece of O-ring in the action also.  Mine didn't have one when I bought it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:49:29 PM EDT
[#4]
So I didn't get screwed to bad paying $150 for and having to spend $4 for an extra part then...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:04:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Nope, you got screwed because it's a 16 gauge.  

Edit: See if you can sell it back to the guy for more since it's fixed, then go buy a 12!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:32:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Nope, you got screwed because it's a 16 gauge.  

Edit: See if you can sell it back to the guy for more since it's fixed, then go buy a 12!

Thats why I wanted it though, I don't have a 16, I have everything else.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top