Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2006 10:00:01 AM EDT
Hey guys,

I've been doing a lot of reading about 870P's in prep for an upcoming purchase. I've never seen anything to indicate that they come with chrome lined barrels but I saw a for sale ad for a new, recent production 870P on another forum and the barrel certainly looked like it was chrome lined? I e-mailed the seller and asked him. He wasn't sure but he believed it was was?

So, do 870P's come with chrome lined barrels? If so, is this a relatively new thing or have they always been chrome lined? Here's the picture in question...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:15:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:42:59 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
No, they are not and, so far as I know, never have been. What you see is the high polish given to Wingmaster and Police Model bores before they leave the factory.

Thanks ikor - I didn't think they were because you would think Remmy would advertise something like that but that is one shiny bore! I can't wait to order mine!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:31:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, they are extremely shiny.  I have ordered 2 Remington barrels in the past few months.  1 was for an 1100 and the other for an 870.  The barrel did not specify if it was police or Express, but dang it was purdy!  The forcing cone was right about 1.25" long as it should be and the bore was almost mirror-like.  All I had to do was hone and polish the forcing cone a little, just to get it as shiny as the bore.

What a barrel!

If Remington is cranking out quality in the entire shotgun like they do in the barrels, I fully understand why everybody rants and raves about Remington over anything else.

2guntom
454 Casull +
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top