Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2006 11:33:29 AM EDT
I'm taking a tactical shoot gun class and need 250 birdshoots but don't know what to go with? Any recomindations would be appriciated.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:28:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Well what kind of target U shooting. Any good brand will do #6 shot for some light steel plate will work. Light recoil for faster shooting. depends on your gun too. Auto or pump. Winchester AA is great ammo. U can get it at Wally World for around $5 a box.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:01:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll be using my 870 pump.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:28:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well what kind of target U shooting. Any good brand will do #6 shot for some light steel plate will work. Light recoil for faster shooting. depends on your gun too. Auto or pump. Winchester AA is great ammo. U can get it at Wally World for around $5 a box.

cheapest you can find? thats what i would go with..especially with an 870pump
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:33:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

cheapest you can find? thats what i would go with..especially with an 870pump

+1...  with a pump, you don't have to be very picky.

when it comes to birdshot, my shell of choice is remington "shurshot".  a case of 250 runs me ~$32 at academy.  i've never had a failure of any sort with remington shot shells.

i also like the cheap federal "field and range" shells.  i bought a few cases when academy had them on sale for $23.80.  i went through all but 4 boxes and had no problems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top