Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2006 12:34:26 AM EDT
Im looking for a fixed stock, at first i was interested in getting an AR stock, but i just can't get attaced to the look of them.  I was wondering if people could post with what they thought were the top of the line fixed stocks. Im looking for something somewhat tactical versus sporty. Its a 18" 870. Something basic like the Hogue. I really like the hogue stock and forearm so that might be a good starting point if people have comments or opinions on that. The gun is used mostly for HD/SD

Also as far as sights...It has the stock bead sight on it that i want to replace. I've been looking at the Scattergun ghost ring sights. Im not interested in any scope or red dot sights, so opinions on that would also be appreciated...Sorry for the noob questions

Thank You
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:18:49 AM EDT
[#1]
My first recommendation would be to use the search function as there are many threads covering your questions.

I use a SpeedFeed IV-S stock on my 870.  This is a fixed shoulder stock that incorporates a pistol grip.  I find this to be a very comfortable stock. Here is the address of SpeedFeed's website: http://www.speedfeedinc.com/

I have the Trijicon/Wilson Combat/Scattergun Tech. ghost ring sites you mention.  I really like these sights.  They allow for quick and accurate shooting.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:51:14 AM EDT
[#2]
For the Wilson sights you need to take it to a smith to install correct?

Im more looking for a stock that looks like the factory stock, but better. No pistol grip. What comes to mind is the stock of the Winchester dura touch, i think thats what its called.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:57:42 AM EDT
[#3]
It's not fixed but it's an adjustable AR style stock. The Knoxx special ops stock?
www.knoxx.com/NewStyleKnoxx/Products/SpecOpsStock.html
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:59:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Ya i've seen those....and it sounds like alot of guys out there like them alot and think they look bad ass....i just dont have that same taste for them....I wish i did....sounds like its a good stock
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:55:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Get the Hogue, or a Factory Synthetic. I had a Speedfedd fixed stock, no shell holders, and wasnt impressed. Seemed cheap cmapred to factory, and didnt do a damn thing the factory synthetic wouldnt.

I now have a Choate, and love it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top