Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/22/2006 5:43:45 PM EDT
I have a 870 made in 1991 with around 2 - 3 thousand rounds through it and the action bar on the LH side (ejection side) is looking worn where the little groove is cut in it. I think the groove is for the shell stop but I am not to sure. The wear is mostly just the blueing but there also looks like they might be a small (very small) chip worn into the sharpened groove.

What is the purpose of this sharpened cutout?

Is wear normal there?

Should I buy a new action bar tube assembly?

Or is this something that is common and nothing to worry about since it still functions normal?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:30:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mastinson:
I have a 870 made in 1991 with around 2 - 3 thousand rounds through it and the action bar on the LH side (ejection side) is looking worn where the little groove is cut in it. I think the groove is for the shell stop but I am not to sure. The wear is mostly just the blueing but there also looks like they might be a small (very small) chip worn into the sharpened groove.

What is the purpose of this sharpened cutout?It is to actuate the shell stop

Is wear normal there?yes- especially with 2-3K through her

Should I buy a new action bar tube assembly?Are you having any malfunctions? If not- no

Or is this something that is common and nothing to worry about since it still functions normal?

Thanks

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need further........
Top Top