Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2006 5:43:45 PM EDT
I have a 870 made in 1991 with around 2 - 3 thousand rounds through it and the action bar on the LH side (ejection side) is looking worn where the little groove is cut in it. I think the groove is for the shell stop but I am not to sure. The wear is mostly just the blueing but there also looks like they might be a small (very small) chip worn into the sharpened groove.

What is the purpose of this sharpened cutout?

Is wear normal there?

Should I buy a new action bar tube assembly?

Or is this something that is common and nothing to worry about since it still functions normal?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:30:33 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have a 870 made in 1991 with around 2 - 3 thousand rounds through it and the action bar on the LH side (ejection side) is looking worn where the little groove is cut in it. I think the groove is for the shell stop but I am not to sure. The wear is mostly just the blueing but there also looks like they might be a small (very small) chip worn into the sharpened groove.

What is the purpose of this sharpened cutout?It is to actuate the shell stop

Is wear normal there?yes- especially with 2-3K through her

Should I buy a new action bar tube assembly?Are you having any malfunctions? If not- no

Or is this something that is common and nothing to worry about since it still functions normal?

Thanks

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need further........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top