Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/13/2006 9:41:17 AM EDT
I want to add some ammo storage to my Remington 870P MAX buttstock. I don't want a speedfeed stock. I'm looking to hold about 6 shells back there. I'd also like to avoid too many straps and buckles if possible. Could you guys suggest anything? Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:25:49 AM EDT
If you don't want the Speedfeed stock that holds shells, the only other choice is to use one of the neoprene slip-on shell holders like this one on the buttstock

Or you could go with a receiver mounted one like this

The frst style is aveailble just about anywhere and made by a few different manufactures. The second style is available from Tacstar, Mesa Tactical and maybe a few others.

Or if you just didn't like the Speedfeed, then Chaote makes this one

HTH
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:47:47 AM EDT
Or you can buy the tacstar shell holder by itself w/out the the plate that mounts to the receiver. It comes w/ 6 screws that you mount to the stock. You can mount it anywhere on the stock & you have 5 shells ready to go.

Here's a link: http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=846516
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 1:12:29 AM EDT
I use this in conjunction with my sling. However you can get it as a stand alone just get it with the adapter. I like it because it uses elastic bands inside the pouch and when those wear out you still have a secure pouch since it has a velco closure cover.
http://www.spectergear.com/shotgun_bsp.htm
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:01:28 AM EDT
If you get a neoprene or nylon stock shell holder, make sure you do something to make it stay in place. I have a neoprene shell holder on my 20ga Mossberg 500, and I put tape around either end of it, and used a heated nail to poke a hole through the lower back end of the sleeve, then put the rear sling swivel through the hole. It's not going anywhere.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:36:47 AM EDT
ATI makes a shell holder that attaches to any stock.
www.atigunstocks.com/installation/SHO0500-install.html

I've got them installed on several guns; they work well

I even have one attached to a Choate Varmint stock (the stock at the bottom of the pic)

You did say you wanted 6 round storage. As you can see, these hold 5. These are easy to install and they don break the bank (around $11).

2guntom

454 Casull +
AntiAmerican
Destruction
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:43:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SNAFU-M1A:
Or you can buy the tacstar shell holder by itself w/out the the plate that mounts to the receiver. It comes w/ 6 screws that you mount to the stock. You can mount it anywhere on the stock & you have 5 shells ready to go.

Here's a link: www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=846516

You said "Tac-Star". We are talking about the same thing. That isn't a Tac-Star, that's the ATI (Advanced Technology) stock mounted shotshell holder. Thanks for the link. I do recommend Midway over most other retailers. The price is $12.89, not $11. My bad.

2guntom

454 Casull +
AntiAmerican
Destruction
Top Top