Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 4:05:10 PM EDT
Hi,
If you wouldnt mind, I have a question regarding the camo value of a color combo for a tactical shotgun build.

What do you all think about an 8-shot 500 with black hogue furniture and the metal parts duracoated in woodland green?

I know that the "standard" look is OD green with black furniture, but I already have a sealed bottle of duracoat in woodland green.

would the color combo stick out too much and look pimpy?

Lauers website shows a pic of an AR entirely in woodland green and it doesnt look bad, but I have a feeling that in person, the color may be a bit bright.

please dont say "who cares how your shotgun looks, as long as you like it", or Ill gold plate the darn thing!

thanks!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:45:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a solid plan.  What about just going ahead and painting the furniture to match?  If you're worried about the paint making it less "grippy" you could always get it texure coated and color matched.  I painted my 500A flat black and had the Surefire forearm and Pistol grip (from a ATI M4 kit) textureized by Steve Tobbe at Para Bellum
http://parabellum.home.insightbb.com/
Looks good as is but he can color match over the texture as well.
*Sorry for making the pic this big I just cut and pasted the link

http://parabellum.home.insightbb.com/images/griptexture.jpg
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:04:04 PM EDT
[#2]
thats actually pretty cool, that textured coating, but I have those hogue overmolded rubber pieces, and I love them as far ar their grip and feel.

What about the color, think that woodland green is too bright and not subdued enough?

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:51:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Dude....It's your gun...If you prefer one shade over another then by all means use it.  You make up your mind , and you go with it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:06:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I went with DuraCoat Aug Green with Black Furniture.

Looked great - tough as nails.  Sold it on the EE - but wish I hadn't.  Think I'll get another Mossy 500 and paint it.

I agree with the guy above - pick a color and go with it.  It's easy to repaint it if you hate it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:30:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I already have a bottle of woodland, I kinda want to burn it up on something, thats why I asked the decorating question.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top