BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2006 6:31:32 PM EDT
Who makes good ones out there?

Which ones allow chokes?

Which are built better than others?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:44:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a Rossi That was OK, and I ordered a EAA Bounty Hunter for a friend that was not bad for the money, those are the only two I have delt with.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 10:51:26 AM EDT
[#2]
CZ (made by Huglu) are fine values for the money.  I have a Ringneck that I have put easily 5000 rounds through this year.

check out this
CZ Durango/Amarillo

HTH

Brian
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:59:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Most of the cowboy action shooters around my neck of the woods opt for the Stoeger. Fit and finish is about what you'd expect from a $300 +/- gun, but they seem to hold up well. IIRC the short barrel coach gun has fixed chokes, some of the longer barrelled pieces have screw in tubes.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:06:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Can anyone recommend a Coach Gun?

Who makes good ones out there?

Which ones allow chokes?

Which are built better than others?

No but I can get you a good deal on a Gucci wallet.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:24:30 AM EDT
[#5]
norinco model 99 coach gun. they're solid as tanks and pretty inexpensive (about $250-300).
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 2:45:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Look at a Spartan. Imported by Remington,and available with or without hammers and or screw in chokes.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:05:43 AM EDT
[#7]
My wife bought me a Stoeger a year or so ago, solid gun.   It's loads of fun to dump both barrels at the same time with some heavy magnum loads.    That hard buttplate makes it sooo soft....
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 3:40:45 AM EDT
[#8]
My Rossi is tight and has exposed triggers.

Price was right at the time.

Think it;s called the "overland"
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:47:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
norinco model 99 coach gun. they're solid as tanks and pretty inexpensive (about $250-300).

I have one of those, too. Fun at the skeet range, but some time with the lapping compund will help the ejector....
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:35:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I had a Stoeger, it was a hoot to shoot, I paid $300 (full retail, bagh!).  I'd get another if I had $300 with nowhere to go.  It would be cool to get a cheap one and paint the stocks with truckbed liner, add rails, and make a Tacticool Coach Gun.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:11:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Most of the cowboy action shooters around my neck of the woods opt for the Stoeger. Fit and finish is about what you'd expect from a $300 +/- gun, but they seem to hold up well.

+1 I like there stainless steal ones but thats just me.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:56:27 PM EDT
[#12]
My best friend has a stagecoach gun and although I can't remember the brand it has external hammers. It looks very very cool and is a fun to shoot!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top