Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2005 1:08:28 PM EDT
I got a new Norinco HP-9 14 inch for Christmas.  It's a Remington 870 clone.  So far on the must have upgrades are a new Knoxx Compstock to tame the recoil, and a one shot mag extention.  It's already wearing a four round side saddle.

I've got a few cases of Federal H-132-00 on order.  This should be an interesting spring!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:45:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:12:43 PM EDT
[#2]
There is no problem getting a factory Rem 870 up here.  They are pretty cheap.  The Norinco HP9 is a very good copy, and holds up well.  The same can not be said of their Ithica clone.

The Norinco's sell well because they are at least as good as the Express 870.  Also, since the 14 inch guns are legal here, it's easier to import the Norinco's.  Your State Department don't approve export applications for NFA items to civilians, even if it's legal in the importing country.

Where I paid $400 including all taxes for the Norinco, a Rem 870 with a factory 14 inch barrel runs about $1200.

The home defence 18.5 inch 870 with the factory mag extention sells for $379 plus taxes.  The comparable Norinco sells for $299.

One other reason the Norinco's sell as well as they do is the factory rep from Remington made a rather unfortunate and poorly thought out statement about Canada, and the company has been shit on heavily by our shooting community ever since.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:20:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I got a new Norinco HP-9 14 inch for Christmas.

That is a rather large stocking!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top