Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2005 7:23:02 PM EDT
I cant decide if I want to go with an integrated SF light or I should go with a rail then add a light.
What do you guys have and why? I know I have integraded ligths on my AR's because of the weight difference compared to getting rails and adding a light. Money is not really a factor in my decition but I whould like to spend the least possable. For all those who own the integraded light, are they unconfertable (sp??)? How about the added weight?

So what do you guys think?

Riese
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 2:58:36 AM EDT
I have the surefire 618FA. I find it to be as comfortable as any other forend and I don't notice the added weight. I think this is the single best addition I have made to my shotgun.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:44:11 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 3:57:54 AM EDT
ditto
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 4:14:17 AM EDT
Can't go wrong with a Surefire integrated light. It is the best way to go and Surefire makes the best!!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:49:01 AM EDT
Thanks guys. Now with a $20 difference I must decide between the 9 volt and 6 volt version of the SF.

Riese
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:03:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2005 7:08:41 AM EDT by Quarterbore]
I like SF lights but they are expensive...

On my HD shotgun I want with a ITI (Insight Technologies) M3 LED and I love it. I bought one of the rail units that fits under the magazine cap and the M3 LED mounts to it just fine. When the pump is in the forward position it is easy to reach forward and activate the 6v light or the Red LED.

If you have the money for the Surefire I will never say that the M3 is a better light then a Surefire... however, just like I don't drive a Lexus some of us can make do with a lesser light and the M3 or the M3 LED is a cost effective light option that can be moved from the shotgun to a pistol, to an AR-15 and back as needed.

I wish I had some pictures and I will try to take some as my HD shotgun is really a cheap system but it covers my needs very well with the way I have it configured.

ETA:

Here is the mount:

Here is the light I am using:

Most of the time I leave the M3 LED on my Glock 17 as my Glock 17 also has a lasermax laser and the combination of LED to move around, White Light to illuminate and blind an opponent, and laser to aim is just way nice to have on the Glock... Still, if I wanted or needed more firepower had had the time to get the shotgun it can be removed from the Glock ane mounted on the 870 in seconds...
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:52:40 AM EDT
I have seen and thought about trying the rail mount that quarterbone is using but when Im looking for it never seem to find it. Does anyone know who sells them? Also how sturdy is it with the light attached? Ill avoid it if the light flops around while firing.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:00:31 AM EDT
riese,

I looked at both the 6v Surefire and the 9v. I was going to buy the 9v thinking that more light must be better. However, I changed my mind after borrowing my friends 870 which was already equipped with with 6v and walking around my house after nightfall with the 6v light pointing in different directions.

At night, in my house, the 6v is sufficiently powerful to illuminate everything clearly. I think that the 9v would be too bright, bouncing off the walls and back in my face.

Another consideration is that the 9v is longer and may stick out too far if you have an 18" barrel. I have a 6v and 20" barrel so I may be wrong about this.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:27:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2005 8:29:35 AM EDT by Quarterbore]

Originally Posted By firehawk-356:
I have seen and thought about trying the rail mount that quarterbone is using but when Im looking for it never seem to find it. Does anyone know who sells them? Also how sturdy is it with the light attached? Ill avoid it if the light flops around while firing.

I have not shot the shotgun with the light mounted yet BUT the mount is very solid.... and the light is secure on that mount.

Now, I will share a secret to finding the best prices for stuff on the web... It will not catch all places but it will allow you to price compare very quickly...

www.froogle.com

Here is the search you want:

froogle.google.com/froogle?btnG=Search+Froogle&q=streamlight+remington+870&lmode=online&scoring=p

Prices from $12.50 to $17.50 but lots of shops that have them!

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:17:16 PM EDT
watch out for the knucle slap
Top Top