Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/19/2005 8:21:38 AM EDT
Does anyone know where I can get the (factory I think) 14" (or shorter) barrels for my 870? I am registering it as a SBS and I would like to have a replacement barrel and not a cut one. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:34:59 AM EDT
CDNNinvestments.com has them. I didn't see them in their last catalog. You'd prolly have to call them. They'll only ship to the addy on your NFA form.

I got one on gunbroker a while back.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:17:03 PM EDT
I just contacted them and no luck. Any one eles with suggestions?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:19:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:21:49 PM EDT
Jerrys Is a no go eithor. They only accept Dept purchases.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:49:14 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Medic17:
I just contacted them and no luck. Any one eles with suggestions?

REALLY?

They had them in all kinds of configs not too long ago. I was going to buy one from them. Did they say they were out?

Anyway. Like I said, I got one on gunbroker.com without the hastle of providing a copy of my form whatever. I don't even remember what I paid for it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:30:48 PM EDT

Does anyone know where I can get the (factory I think) 14" (or shorter) barrels for my 870? I am registering it as a SBS and I would like to have a replacement barrel and not a cut one. Thanks

I am just curious but why don't you want a cut one? More legal hassle?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:28:42 PM EDT
I just like the ideal of having an origional barrel, its just personal preference. I know it doesnt mean a thing however I just feel more comfortable purchasing one in reguard to legal reasons. I just think it sounds better to say I purchased a NFA barrel for a NFA weapon rather than "he sawed the barrel off of his shotgun". I know in all reality it doesnt mean spit but it puts me a little more at ease.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:17:41 PM EDT

I just like the ideal of having an origional barrel, its just personal preference. I know it doesnt mean a thing however I just feel more comfortable purchasing one in reguard to legal reasons. I just think it sounds better to say I purchased a NFA barrel for a NFA weapon rather than "he sawed the barrel off of his shotgun". I know in all reality it doesnt mean spit but it puts me a little more at ease.

If your shotgun is registered as a SBS what is ther to be uneasy about?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:40:13 AM EDT
There is technically nothing to be uneasy about. I am just saying for arguements sake if a question ever did come up I think it would sound better that I had a a purchased NFA barrel for a NFA weapon. Saying I sawed off the barrel just presents a bad immage like Randy Weaver dispite having my paperwork in order. I think its better to be over concerned than not concerned enough. Once again its just my personal preference even though its completly legal to do it yourself.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:47:19 AM EDT
I'm with you. I registered a Colt 6450 as a Short Barrel Rifle. I COULD just have the barrel cut down on my original 16" upper - but why cut a perfectly good barrel?

I'm going to SBS a shotgun next year, and will do the same thing you're trying to do: purchase an OEM barrel for it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:56:10 PM EDT
Seems like Gunbroker and AuctionaArms used to have a number of them availalble
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:41:01 AM EDT
Are you looking for NEW only?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:02:58 AM EDT
No I would be interested in a decent condition used barrel. Cosmetics are not that important, after all the SBS is my old 870 police trade in. I would prefer parkerizing though however all others still would be considered.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:27:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2005 8:39:01 AM EDT by markm]
I got your email. I'll send you an IM.

Make that an email. Your profile is not accepting IMs!!
Top Top