Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2005 9:04:08 AM EDT
Here are preview photos of the new Knoxx PowerPak for the SpecOps Stock. More features and photos to follow next week. along with pricing and ship dates.

CaCrusin

www.knoxx.com
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 3:00:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Any chance of you making that folder of yours with a fold down buttplate like the old Remington factory folding 870 stock? The metal one they had where the buttplate folded flat on top of the receiver.
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 7:49:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice. Any chance you will be offering the spec ops in "realtree" cammo soon? Wife wants matching furniture for her 500A. Thank in advance.
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 9:52:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Here are preview photos of the new Knoxx PowerPack for the SpecOps Stock. More features and photos to follow next week. along with pricing and ship dates.

CaCrusin

www.knoxx.com

I'll be first in line..
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 10:24:31 AM EDT
[#4]
after relooking at the photos, will it inhibit the hole for the sling?
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 11:29:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I was working on making something like that myself. I may wait and see how much before I continue working on it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 12:56:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Any chance of you making that folder of yours with a fold down buttplate like the old Remington factory folding 870 stock? The metal one they had where the buttplate folded flat on top of the receiver.

If you had ever shot an 870 with that stock, you would know the answer to that question. It was a brutal stock and I would consider it cruel and unusual punishment to make anyone use it. It hurts just to look at it, in metal or plastic.

Quoted:
after relooking at the photos, will it inhibit the hole for the sling?

It depends on the sling and the attachement method...the corded attachment system still works. Watch for more to come.

Quoted:
Nice. Any chance you will be offering the spec ops in "realtree" cammo soon? Wife wants matching furniture for her 500A. Thank in advance.

Camo is very expensive. We try to keep the price down to where most people can afford our products. I recommend a good paint job or a wrap.

CaCrusin

www.knoxx.com
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 12:58:19 PM EDT
[#7]
SNIP
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 1:02:58 PM EDT
[#8]
SNIP
Link Posted: 11/21/2005 4:12:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I meant to say can you make your stocks buttplate fold down instead of sticking up like a big loop?
It would make it more compact.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 7:34:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Can you imagine being forced to shoot from the left side of cover with those shells on the stock and all the cheek slap that stock produces.

Yuck!
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 9:39:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Can you imagine being forced to shoot from the left side of cover with those shells on the stock and all the cheek slap that stock produces.

Yuck!

"Hey Man, always with the negative waves"

Adjust the stock out one click...no check slap.

As to your other issue, the same is true for any similar product...Even the receiver mounted units.

CaCrusin

www.knoxx.com
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 11:31:03 AM EDT
[#12]
I have one problem regarding this product...or rather question.

Can you adapt it for left handed individuals?

If so, AWESOME
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 11:32:18 AM EDT
[#13]
double post..sorry
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 12:28:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Yuck!

I for one think it's a great idea Troll.
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 12:54:55 PM EDT
[#15]
COOL!
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 1:13:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

CaCrusin

www.knoxx.com

What type of sight/mount is that in that pic?
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 1:45:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/23/2005 10:23:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.knoxx.com/Forums/PowerPac_3.jpg

CaCrusin

www.knoxx.com

It is a B-Square mount and an OKO sight. I have one.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 7:11:02 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.knoxx.com/Forums/PowerPac_3.jpg

CaCrusin

www.knoxx.com

It is a B-Square mount and an OKO sight. I have one.

They will not work if you have a side saddle it looks..

Ive been thinkin about putting an optic on my 870, nothing too heavy though..
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 10:57:41 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Yuck!

I have been a cop for 18 years. Before that I did high risk security/investigations. I am an advanced certified police officer, who for the last few years has been working warrant including fugitive warrants.
I have well in excess of 2500 hours training in leo topics. I have even been a contributor to Street Survival
on area of officer safety, tactical lighting and dealing with homeless peeps. In all these years I have never been trained to or have gone weak side for a 12 gauge. I can go on about my training and experience. So do you want to step up and tell us about your experience level? Do you even own one of these stocks? I do.
It is my second Knoxx product and they are both good. Dont get me wrong. I dont like all of their methods.
Using ported shotguns in their videos is just wrong. It, in my opinion is paramount to false advertising. Their
product is much to good to have to resort to that.
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 11:23:22 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yuck!

I have been a cop for 18 years. Before that I did high risk security/investigations. I am an advanced certified police officer, who for the last few years has been working warrant including fugitive warrants.
I have well in excess of 2500 hours training in leo topics. I have even been a contributor to Street Survival
on area of officer safety, tactical lighting and dealing with homeless peeps. In all these years I have never been trained to or have gone weak side for a 12 gauge. I can go on about my training and experience. So do you want to step up and tell us about your experience level? Do you even own one of these stocks? I do.
It is my second Knoxx product and they are both good. Dont get me wrong. I dont like all of their methods.
Using ported shotguns in their videos is just wrong. It, in my opinion is paramount to false advertising. Their

Funny but the world is full of "forced" weakside shooting where you have no choice but to shoot weakhand. Just had it happen to me this past weekend deer hunting of all things. Last thing I expected was to have to deal with a target on my weakside, and a moving one at that. I don't care what yer experiance level is, or what yer training level is if you've never had to go weakside with a shotgun, you did something wrong at some point in time that could have gotten you killed in the real world, or just re-enforced a bad habit while training. The fact that you say you have never been trained to go weakside is itself kind of frightening in a way. Weakside shooting is a fact of life, it happens, why not learn to manipulate yer weapon and shoot it weakhand? Ok enough about that.

The powerpak looks good, but as was already brought up, how is it with weak hand shooting? I used to have a shell carrier on the butstock of my 500 but going weak hand with it was a PITA and so it got taken off.

Link Posted: 11/24/2005 11:40:48 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yuck!

is this confirmed?
Link Posted: 11/24/2005 7:38:38 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

is this confirmed?

Confirmed?

What has to be confirmed, it's obvious in the video.

I'm guessing the reason for the buttstock shell holder is due to the fact that there is a very real chance of a receiver side saddle impacting your thumb as the stock absorbs recoil.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 6:23:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Chromeluv the shotgun is a realitive shortrange weapon. Have you ever heard of transitiniong to you side arm rather than pushing a bad technique with a weapon that could malfunction by being used wrong?
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 6:26:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yuck!

is this confirmed?

Have you seen the videos? Notice the dark areas where the porting is?? Notice that when they fire the weapons smoke is coming out ot them? Notice in some of the pictures of the copstock they actually show barrel porting?
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 8:55:57 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

is this confirmed?

Confirmed?

What has to be confirmed, it's obvious in the video.

I'm guessing the reason for the buttstock shell holder is due to the fact that there is a very real chance of a receiver side saddle impacting your thumb as the stock absorbs recoil.

Several of the guns used in the current videos had barrels reworked by our good friend, Hans Vang and did have his patented porting system. We posted that as soon as it was brought to our attention. We have new videos currently in editing, to replace the old ones. The new guns are not ported. We used the guns we had at the time. Hans did the barrels for our first SHOT Show and we are grateful. We have many more guns now and used unmodified guns in the new videos. There was no intent to over-hype our products as we can all agree it is not necessary. They do perform as advertised.

We have tested the SpecOps with "side-saddles" from several manufacturers and found no problems with them hitting any part of the shooter's hands during recoil. This is not an issue. The PowerPak adds an extended cheek rest, battery compartment , and shell holder. The user is free to use any, all or none of the components as they choose. If you really need to shoot the gun from the weak side, then a few scrapes on the face would be a small price to pay. No.

CaCrusin

www.knoxx.com
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 9:53:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Have you guys looked at doing your sidewinder for a benelli?
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 8:29:07 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Have you guys looked at doing your sidewinder for a benelli?

Federal regulations prohibit the installation of our Sidewinder on foreign-made shotguns. In addition, the  system is not compatible with a semi-auto action. So there is no chance for a Benelli Sidewinder. Sorry, it would be fun.

CaCrusin

www.knoxx.com
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:35:05 AM EDT
[#29]
OK, I installed my SpecOps stock last night.  It looks good and handles great.  I can't wait to take it to the range.

One thing I noticed was the fact that the bolt went in with very few turns.  It made me a little nervous because I expected more revolutions to get it fully fastened.

Did anyone else notice this?  Is it normal?

It went on a Mossberg 500.

Any suggestions on a sling?  I don't have any good ideas because attaching a sling to the front of a shotgun always seems awkward to me.

Thanks guys

ETA: I want the powerpack now.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:04:10 PM EDT
[#30]
update?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:39:55 AM EDT
[#31]
You know I am a big supporter of Knox, but whoever makes their videos needs a reality check. I played the
NEW video. It still says video was shot with 3" magnums but clearly shows them loading low brass ammo
not magnums rounds......
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:02:48 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
You know I am a big supporter of Knox, but whoever makes their videos needs a reality check. I played the
NEW video. It still says video was shot with 3" magnums but clearly shows them loading low brass ammo
not magnums rounds......

which video? could you hotlink it?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:47:29 PM EDT
[#33]
WHEN YOU CLICK ON THE SPECOPS STOCK VIDEO. iT SHOW THEM LOADING A DRUM ON THE SIDEWINDER. IT IS LOWBRASS BUT THE CAPTION SAYS 3".
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:24:14 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
WHEN YOU CLICK ON THE SPECOPS STOCK VIDEO. iT SHOW THEM LOADING A DRUM ON THE SIDEWINDER. IT IS LOWBRASS BUT THE CAPTION SAYS 3".

Easy there, partner.  The loading sequences are old video. Watch the hulls coming out of the shotguns. They are 3" high base shells.  I don't make the videos or I probably would have caught error but thank you for pointing it out. We will reshoot (no pun intended) the loading sequences to correct the error. The videographer is not a shooter and doesn't know the difference.

CaCrusin

www.knoxx.com
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:28:15 PM EDT
[#35]
CaCruisin,

Will Knoxx expand into recoil reducing rifle stocks?

Justin
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:16:29 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
CaCruisin,

Justin

You mean like this one?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:58:26 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
CaCruisin,

Justin

You mean like this one?

Not exactly.  I wias thinking more along the lines of an assault rifle/carbine stock.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:59:00 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
<SNIP>
Not exactly.  I wias thinking more along the lines of an assault rifle/carbine stock.

We have some amazing (i rarely use that word) new products to show at the upcoming SHOT Show that will really make an impact in this industry. I don't see us doing much with the AR15 becuase it just doesn't recoil very much. Look for us in the heavy rifles... 7.62 x 51 and larger. It's hard for me to keep up with everything and I work here!

CaCrusin

www.knoxx.com
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:15:28 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<SNIP>

We have some amazing (i rarely use that word) new products to show at the upcoming SHOT Show that will really make an impact in this industry. I don't see us doing much with the AR15 becuase it just doesn't recoil very much. Look for us in the heavy rifles... 7.62 x 51 and larger. It's hard for me to keep up with everything and I work here!

CaCrusin

www.knoxx.com

That's what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 12:46:03 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<SNIP>

CaCrusin

www.knoxx.com

That would be great!  Something for the AR10.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:59:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Practice eating donuts left handed.

A Boston Creme  or decent Jelly make a quick Butstock Pad.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 8:25:09 PM EDT
[#42]
do knoxx stocks work on 20 gauge shotguns.

like the remington 20 gauge shotguns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top