Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:18:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Ok then... Let's get technical here and quit with the pussyfooting around.

Can we agree on the following statements:

Matter of fact, we don't agree on many of them.

1) The ATI is lighter than the metal stock.p

Well, not by any margin that would affect things one way or another seeing how light the Remington factory folder was to begin with.
That said, styrofoam is a lighter material than plastic.
It still doesn't make it a better material for making stocks with.

material is more flexible, thus possibly aids in reducing percieved recoil.  (I'm no expert, but my buddy who's a structural engineer agrees with me on this.)

Well, no, but that flexability does aid it in breaking over time.

3) Injection molded plastic is less likely to corrode or rust, and therefore could possibly better withstand humid environments.
Additionally, a metal stock left out in the sun on a 95 degree day would be much more painfull on your cheek than a 'plastic' stock.

This post is starting to look like "101 Reasons Anyone Can Use To Justfy Anything".

4) The ATIs cost less to produce, ship, and replace. (BTW, that's a good thing)

They indeed cost less to produce, and it's a good thing that they cost less to replace since you will be replacing them more often than you would have with a Remington unit.

5)  Where stealth tactics are required, swinging and locking metal parts are noisier than 'plastic'.  

More "101 Reasons Anyone Can Use To Justfy Anything".

6)  If it were better for stocks to be made of steel, then why are most shotgun and rifle stocks made of either wood or synthetic plastics?  [

We are talking about a locking arm folding stock, not a fixed stock.
That is comparing apples to bricks.
In the real of locking arm folding stocks, ALL OF THEM save for that POS ATI stock are made with metal locking arms. Choate, Butler Creek, etc... All of them.
Not a single one is entirely plastic except for ATI, which also happens to be the least expensive.
I mean, I don't really blame Remington.
They know that the market is made up of people who are mainly like yourself; people who can be fed shit sandwiches all day long, so long as the factory says it's better.

So my point is...

Non-existant.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:07:05 PM EDT
[#2]
12345-678910-11-12, you are a total waste of time.  You have not proven anything in any of the posts.  All you do is skate around the questions being asked, and don't provide any logical answers.  Your mother probably dropped you on your head when you were born.  

Good luck with the sale of your shotgun.  
1 hour 23 mintues remaining and still no bidders.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:10:56 PM EDT
[#3]
If you still don't understand that I simply hotlinked to a few photos to show you the difference between a Remington stock and that sack of crap you're stuck with, then I guess you're just an idiot.
But then again, I kinda knew that already.
Anyway, I answered every single question you asked above. The fact that you seriously consider your stock as being 'better' is just another example of someone defending 'what they have' rather than objectivley promoting 'what's best'.
It's standard for the internet.

As far as your little 'XYZ probably did so and so XYZ' idiotism, i'll just ignore that. I don't pay much attention to "probablies"
(But you watch... The moderators will warn ME about being insulting. Laugh. )

My condolences about the stock.
Too bad you got into this stuff a little 'late' and weren't able to get one of the good ones.
But you enjoy it! And hey! At least when Remington has to replace it, it won't cost them as much to do it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:20:29 PM EDT
[#4]
This thead is done.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:22:15 PM EDT
[#5]
This thead is done.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top