Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2003 10:53:56 AM EDT

I am interested in the Serbu super shorty shotgun.

Anyone on here have one?
How are the handling and ballistics with buck and slugs?

Any info at all will be appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 8:58:04 AM EDT
[#1]
A friend of mine has one.  The thing ROCKS!  We didn't do any patterning though.  We shot 2 3/4" birdshot, buckshot and slugs.  The birdshot and buckshot were rather pleasant, the slugs a little less so.  The owner even tried some 3" stuff, but indicated "it sucked."  

I even fired some of the birdshot rounds one handed, again, very controllable.  However, it causes the slide to partially open due to the recoil.  

I would love to have one, but the price is pretty steep ($700-$800.)  I know that Serbu puts some work into them, but come on.  The base shotgun RETAILS for $150, so wholesale is probably around $100.  The remaining $600 to $700 covers his other costs and profits.  Looks to me like he is making a huge profit on this item.  I'm not opposed to people making profit mind you, but I feel this is just a little too much.  Oh well, I'll probably have to buy one anyway.....
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 5:15:47 PM EDT
[#2]

SCOLLINS,
Thanks for your input.
I noticed you are from Newcastle, WA?

I`m from New Castle, PA.!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top