Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2003 6:56:30 PM EDT
I'm just about to get my first shotgun, an 870 express 18in, with a magazine extension already installed (I think it's been referred to as the Home Defense model here before)

Anyway, what sorts of sling swivels does it have front and rear? Any recomendations for slings? And finally, do I even need a sling for a tactical shotgun? It seems like most of the ones in the picture thread don't have them.

Thanks for your help.

Link Posted: 10/27/2003 7:19:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Someone said, " A sling on a long gun is as necessary as a holster for a handgun". All tactical long guns need a sling.

I believe the shotgun you're looking at is set up with sling swivel studs for Uncle Mike's OD swivels.

Whose sling is the best? Matter of opinion. With the standard sling mounts on the bottom of the gun, a standard nylon strap will do fine. If you go with one of the tactical slings, you will probably need to go with left side sling mounts so it will hang properly.

Thanks,
Lee
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 10:21:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Giles Single Point
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 1:43:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a CQB "Special Operations, Patrol" (SOP)
sling on my Mossy. I think they are great!

They have options to give extra length for left handed mounting of the gun, and a quick release to drop the weapon if you need to.

You will need side mounts tho.

www.cqbsolutions.com/slings.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top