Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2003 10:04:15 AM EDT
I have a winch 1300 defender that has seen enough full strength slug and buckshot loads that the cheapo combination pistol-grip full length stock has begun to warp (even bending the screw). I need some ideas on what kind of buttstock to get next. I have considered the standard winch synthetic stock ($50+ SH) or the hogue aftermarket set from Cabelas ($36+ SH). I am kind of leaning towards the Hogue as I have one of their products on a pistol and I like the texture and grip. Is their advantage to having a combo pistol-grip full lenght stock over a standard full length stock?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 2:51:12 PM EDT
No ideas or suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 10:10:17 PM EDT
Check out Speed Feed stocks. They are nice, and I have never heard of them bending/warping.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 4:21:53 AM EDT
I have a speedfeed on my deer gun. I only shoot slugs out of it. I haven't had any issues in the 4yrs I've had it.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 4:43:58 AM EDT
Another vote for Speed Feed.

Good gear.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 9:13:13 AM EDT
I can't decide between the pistol-grip full length stock or just the full length stock. What advantage does the combo stock have on a pump gun? You can't one hand it like on a semi-auto.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 6:02:51 PM EDT
I have an 870, not a 1300, but I LOVE the Chaote Mark V stock! It has an adjustable LOP and absorbs recoil beautifully!

In case you're not familiar with it, it is a Pistol Grip stock.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 6:41:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/6/2003 6:42:55 PM EDT by FedGunner]

Originally Posted By krazy_karl:
I can't decide between the pistol-grip full length stock or just the full length stock. What advantage does the combo stock have on a pump gun? You can't one hand it like on a semi-auto.

Ummm I just took a class where we had to use pump guns with one hand tied behind our back... The pistol grip full stock is the way to go.

UNLESS.. it is a Mossy... The tang mounted safety is perfect in a traditional stock. With a pistol grip it is slower.

I learned this the hard way. I own a tactical Mossy. All that said, I'm sticking with what I have and will train out any awkardness.

(edited to add)

My stock is a Choate.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 8:15:23 PM EDT

Lessened felt recoil. With one hand, you can hold the weapon on target.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 11:33:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/7/2003 11:33:58 AM EDT by az-ar]
I've a Speedfeed IV on my 1300 Defender, and I really like it. Seems to reduce the recoil more than the standard stock, plus I really like having a pistol grip.

If you really want the original synthetic stock, I can sell mine to you for $30 shipped. Just send an IM.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 8:01:48 AM EDT
Are you able to field strip your shotguns with the Speedfeed III and IV stocks installed? How well can you hit the slide release button and safety with the pistol grip? There is a speedfeed III for sale in the equipment exchange forum for $60 plus SH. Is this a good deal?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 3:58:22 PM EDT

Are you able to field strip your shotguns with the Speedfeed III and IV stocks installed? How well can you hit the slide release button and safety with the pistol grip? There is a speedfeed III for sale in the equipment exchange forum for $60 plus SH. Is this a good deal?

Thanks

I haven't had any problems with the 870. IIRC it actually moves your right hand closer to the slide release. It has been awhile since I used a regular stock tho.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 9:51:34 AM EDT
Top Top