Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2003 3:03:53 PM EDT
Follow up to my last topic.  Poll incoming.

I will add speedfeed votes together for a total, and if it wins, I'll go with which one had more votes for my choice.
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 4:24:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Your poll is flawed.  Counting myself and now Fedgunner there are only like 3 guys here who own choate stocks.  It will also be easier to find speedfeed stuff at local gun shops.  I buy choate products from this guy.

www.uws.com/CHOATE/AdjPGStock.html

Here is a picture of the choate with 2 of the 1/2" spacers bewteen the recoil pad and stock.  Mine has both spacers out.  It has a good recoil pad.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 12:59:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn, didn't know.  Ah well, if the poll becomes really biased, I will probably just flip a coin then.

I would still like to see more votes though.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 3:44:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 9:00:41 PM EDT
[#4]
OK, more questions.

Speedfeed with longer or shorter pull, and why the IV over the III?
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 2:07:47 AM EDT
[#5]
From my personal taste, Choat is crap.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 7:03:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Can I vote again?
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 7:13:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Sure, What'd you want to vote for?
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 5:19:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

A couple weeks ago Mike103 used the word "shit" in a post.  Now we see the word crap.  See what Mike started!
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 11:22:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
OK, more questions.
 Speedfeed with longer or shorter pull, and why the IV over the III?

I've never used either, but I've *heard* that the shell holder on the SF III does not secure rounds very well.  And IMHO, rounds in the mag, in the side saddle AND in the stock is overkill.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 1:26:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Speaking as a speedfeed III owner, go with the IV. The III will only hold two 3" shells. I've never had a problem with them slipping out, I've had some problems taking them out. I haven't got a side saddle yet, but it has always been in the cards. I don't think it's overkill having both. Though by time you go through the magazine, and the side-saddle, you really need to be reaching into a shell pouch rather than the buttstock because if the threat is yet to be neutralized, 4 rounds isn't going to do it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 3:56:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A couple weeks ago Mike103 used the word "shit" in a post.  Now we see the word crap.  See what Mike started!

Oh my gosh, I must be a fucking potty mouth!

Anyways az-ar, I have used all of the aformentioned stocks/systems. If I had it to do all over again, I would just get the plain speed feed short stock, and add a sidesaddle shell holder for spare ammo. Simple is usually better.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:19:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I've been using a Choate pistol grip stock on my 870 since about 1983. No complaints and this 870's been thru hell.

However I'm very interested in this.....

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=1&t=170673

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top