Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2003 3:24:56 PM EDT
I looked at the 11-87 police thread and drool daily over the ar style 870.  How ever I am a fan of the regular stock.  I tried the pistol grip style and found it hurt my hands.  I originally purchased my 870 as a home defense weapon.  How ever since I shoot mostly my rem 1100 and the 870 colects dust I feel under stress I would not be able to utilize the 870 efectively (short stroke etc.)  So I want opinions on the police 11-87.  From the Remington law enforcement site it lists it as having a 18 inch barell, extended shot tube, and standard stock from the factory.  Now how much does one of these babys cost?  Also would it be able to cycle light game loads, or any of the lighter loads that my 1100 eats up.  Would hate to have two seperate batches of amo in case of SHTF.  Thanks all
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 4:36:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Leader, Simple solution. Take your 1100, add a set of synthetic stocks and a short open choke barrel and you have a tactical shotgun. Change back the barrel and stocks and you have a sporting shotgun and off to trap field you go.  MIKE.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 4:56:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Leader, Simple solution. Take your 1100, add a set of synthetic stocks and a short open choke barrel and you have a tactical shotgun. Change back the barrel and stocks and you have a sporting shotgun and off to trap field you go.  MIKE.

i think Leader is wanting an excuse to buy another gun.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 5:51:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Yea I'm looking for an excuse.  But also I'm not into having a single weapon with a lot of "outfits" for different duties.  I like to have specific weapons for specific roles.  Thats just the way I am.  So will the 11-87 fit this bill?
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 8:04:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, I tried to save you some money! Funny from a guy who has over a dozen shotguns!

The 11-87 is on Gunsamerica for $644.00. You can use the heavy dove or uplandgame loads but not the super light stuff. But for SHTF you will want buckshot and slug loads. As everyone knows I like Remington and it is alot cheaper than the Benelli. MIKE.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top