Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2003 4:49:59 PM EDT
Well, Benelli's website now shows an M4 Standard model should be available, if not now, but very soon.  It has the standard stock, so it should be OK to mount a larger magazine tube.  Hopefully they won't be as expensive as the M1014........

I want one, NOW DAMNIT!  
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 5:35:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Me too,I can't decide if I want to get the standard or wait for the ban to die and get the "real one"
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 6:57:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Man M1014 seems to be very expansive. I thought M1 was extremely expansive for a shotgun but M1014 sets a new standard.

I would have gotten an M1014 if I didn't have M1 already...

Have fun with the M1913 rail
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 3:03:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I want an M4 with the strait stock [the pistol grips are illegal in NJ].  I just called Benelli yesterday and they said the M4 with the strait stock won't be available until "sometime
next year".  If I can find a Limited Edition M1014 at a decent price, I'll get it and put a strait stock on it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 7:08:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I own an M1014, and for the price I had to pay I'll have to keep it forever!

Let's just say if the standard M4 Super 90 would have been available at the same time, I would have gone with it. I paid a few hundred dollars more for the limited-edition "M1014" name. Now I can't bring myself to shoot it because it may be a collector's item.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 12:23:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Isn't the marking only on the receiver? You can shoot and maybe change a few barrels and so on...
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 8:45:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I was at the funshop the other day handling an M1014. What's up with the twisting stock? Also, you think $1500 plus tax is too much? I am really really close to buying it, but don't know if I should just get the M4 super 90... You think the M1014 is worth the extra $$?
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 1:34:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I was at the funshop the other day handling an M1014. What's up with the twisting stock? Also, you think $1500 plus tax is too much? I am really really close to buying it, but don't know if I should just get the M4 super 90... You think the M1014 is worth the extra $$?

Heck, I can't believe that California would even let you guys have such a destructive weapon.

I gave full retail of $1575 + tax for mine. Serial #7XX of 2500. The dealer I bought it from charges about twice what everyone else charges for firearms. I scoured GunsAmerica and found that all the dealers there were pricing them at full retail, so I went with this local dealer after all. I didn't realize at the time of purchase that it was going to be released in large quantities as the M4 in the future, or I probably would have just waited. My dealer led me to believe that 2500 was it. It was, but just for the M1014-marked shotguns. If you must have the M1014 name, then by all means buy it. Otherwise, just hang in there for the same shotgun with a different name.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 1:34:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Greetings,When a man purchases BENELLI,he should know what he wants and be willing to get the bread by any means.I own an M1 super 90 also, and purchasing the M1014  improved my collection .The extra heavyduty barrel that comes with the M1014 is great,plus  the other stuff that comes with the firearm.I have No Regrets on my purchases and shoot the firearms every chance I get.The new oct 2003 Guns and Weapons mag has an article on M1014.best regards M1014
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 8:07:23 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Me too. I can't decide if I want to get the standard or wait for the ban to die and get the "real one"

I'm suffering the same dilemma. This time next year should be telling for any impending laws.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 5:48:10 PM EDT
[#10]
i might just stick around and wait until the m4 super gets here or until i hear something really bad about a new ban.

Link Posted: 7/29/2003 10:17:56 PM EDT
[#11]
My Brother in Virginia handled a standard stocked M4 today with 6 round mag tube, so they are out there.  I was in a rush so I did not get to ask what the price was.

Update:  I was wrong, he apparently handled a limited edition but they had all the stock configurations too.  He knows I am waiting for the standard M4, so I guess I heard what I wanted to hear!
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 7:49:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

The stock is twisting because it is not locked in the open position. It twists to allow you to remove the buttstock from the spring tube.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top