Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2003 7:45:16 PM EDT
Was flipping through a gun rag at Wal Mart the other day and saw FN USA came out with a pump action police shotgun. However it had some kind of AR carbine type folding stock.

I think I'll just stick with a solid buttstock.

CRC
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 9:32:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah I cant wait to see someone shoot one of these. BOOM! Shorter stock, BOOM! Even shorter stock, BOOM! A totally collapsed stock!

Lots of cool factor in those though.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:54:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:04:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Hi!

While I've never fired the FN shotgun, I have manufactured several prototypes of an adapter that allows an AR15 collapsible stock to be mounted to a Remington 870 (see the Remington 870/AR15 Stock Adapter thread in the shotgun forum!). I've run over 500 rounds of slug and buckshot through the gun with the conversion, and can offer some insight to the handling characteristics of a shotgun with an AR style stock.

http://www.argonautarmament.com/development/Prototype_II_Before_Final_Contouring_Ib.jpg
(in progress...all the sharp edges have since been removed)

http://www.argonautarmament.com/development/Prototype_II_Assembled_I.jpg

I was initially pretty worried about the pin which secures the stock to the holes in the buffer tube, but thus far the stock has not ever collapsed during firing. The FN should be no different.

A shotgun with an AR collapsible stock is a pretty sweet setup. There are several advantages to the AR type stock over a standard one and the more I play with it the more it grows on me.

Anyone who has fired the FN Tactical police care to comment?

Take care...

BrobeeBiter!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top