Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/31/2003 2:42:18 PM EDT
I can't figure out how to get the bolt out of the receiver.
Specifically, the bolt handle obviously has to come out first, and I have wiggled, twisted and pulled on the bolt handle, just short of bending and breaking.
What's the secret? The manual shows an Italian hand in a suit with the handle off, but no details on how it got that way.
Thanks,
Fuego
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 3:24:04 PM EDT
I always just pulled the handle straight out from the side of the bolt assembly. It IS stiff when its new.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 3:41:54 PM EDT
Yes I usually wrap it with some cloth to get a better grip and give it a strong yank. I suppose you could use pliers, but be sure to tape the bolt and pull straight!
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:46:31 AM EDT
By the way, do you know of any good prices
on M1 super 90 magazine extensions? In
a casual search of the web, the extensions
seem to be for the common pump shotguns.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:21:34 AM EDT
CDNN used to have them. I bought a nice walnut stock for it there too.

Now I can go to the skeet range with a walnut stocked 22" barrel, and put the Zytel stock and the 18" with mag extension under my pillow.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:17:38 PM EDT
geardoc, you can buy a 4 rd extension from the factor giving a total of 8 including one in the chamber. Speedshooters International sells the DMW 8,9,or 10 rd extensions. I have a 10 on my USPSA Open class gun and it has been flawless.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:21:27 PM EDT
Fuego, use your bootlaces to wrap around it and pop it out. I have a ding in my receiver from prying it out w/ a tool. Oooops.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:07:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/9/2003 8:14:16 PM EDT by Schiessuebung]
Geardoc, two of the three Benelli dealers in my immediate vicinity stock the factory +4 mag. extension for the M1 Super 90; sell price is $70.

Fuego, do what the others have said: just wrap some tough skinny cord around that thing and give it a good yank. Once it's out, put a drop of oil or CLP in the hole to make it easier in the future; you should be able to do it again and again without the pull cord.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:25:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BillL223:
geardoc, you can buy a 4 rd extension from the factor giving a total of 8 including one in the chamber. Speedshooters International sells the DMW 8,9,or 10 rd extensions. I have a 10 on my USPSA Open class gun and it has been flawless.

You can install the extension on a NON-PISTOL GRIPPED autoloader, but it is entirely illegal to have more than a 5-shot mag on 12 guage with a pistol grip, unless it is a pre-ban gun.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 12:34:06 PM EDT
Gentlemen, thanks for the advice. I did bust a shoelace, and expanded my vocabulary, but it did finally come out.

Those trips to the trap range left a bunch of crud in there that I was finally able to get out.
Top Top