Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2003 2:50:23 AM EDT
I know a SPAS-12 can be modified to be like this, but are there any others?
Link Posted: 4/24/2003 2:58:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/24/2003 2:59:33 AM EDT by Silence]
Erm, pistol grip shotguns (edit for clarity SEMI AUTOS, non semis are a critter of a different stripe) fall within the 'Assault Weapon' Ban bullshit.

If they dont have over a 5 round tube they can have a 'pistol grip' as their 'evil feature'.

Here is the 'AWB definition:

D) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of-
(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath
the action of the weapon;
(iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds;
and
(iv) an ability to accept a detachable magazine.

One other thing if it 'accepts a detachable magazine' of 10 rounds (?) or more, it has probably been redefined as a 'destructive device' all NFA rules then apply.
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 5:47:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NME:
I know a SPAS-12 can be modified to be like this, but are there any others?

Do you mean pistol grip *only*, or a pistol grip/shoulder stock? Any semi should be able to mount a pistol gripped "assault" stock but most semi's have the recoil spring housed in the buttstock so the pistol grip only is a no go. The Mossberg M5500/9200 has the recoil spring around the mag tube so it is possible to shorten it up with a pistol grip. Still not a good idea because the Mossberg top mounted safety becomes real awkward & slow to use with a pistol grip.
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 1:01:43 AM EDT
I mean just a pistol grip, no stock.

Link Posted: 4/29/2003 8:59:18 AM EDT
Doesn't Benelli have an M3S90 with a folding stock? This would be similar to the SPAS with the hook. I half remember seeing a Remington 11-87P with a pistol-grip-only at a local LE supply shop. This was a few years back. I haven't seen it anywhere else, however.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:15:58 PM EDT
Most semi-auto shotguns have a bolt spring tube that extends almost the full length of the buttstock. Thats why you usually don't see just a pistol grip on a semi-auto.

Thanks,
Lee
www.thearmsroom.com
Top Top