Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 8/23/2010 8:31:17 PM EDT
My FIL got a his dads old FN Pocket .25 and it's my job to get this sucker running

Right now it's lacking a magazine, and I'm trying to figure out the age of this thing

It's been sitting under a dresser for a good 30+ years untouched less than a mile from the beach in CA and in a leather holster..

I did a detail strip expecting a rusted mess, but it cleaned up very well and seems almost unfired.

Here are some pictures I took of it.

And Next to my LCP

I'm a big browning fan and I wish I had the money to talk my FIL out of this thing.

First off, anyone know the best place to pick up a mag for this thing? (GB has them listed for $60+)

And anyidea about the age?

I'm thinking 1950's?
Link Posted: 8/25/2010 8:15:22 AM EDT
I found some mags for the pistol on brownells...

I'm a bit confused, I found a listing for a baby browning and doing a google search I found several pistols that look alot like this one, but a few have a forward safety, but this thing breaks down like a Colt vest pocket from what I have found.

Any difference?
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 11:42:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/1/2010 11:44:24 AM EDT by MadDogDan]
I don't know where there is a listing of manufatcure dates that corresponds to serial numbers but I do know that is a very close copy of the Colt 1908 hammerless vest pocket model. I believe the mags are interchangable. I have a 1908 vest pocket with Pearl grips made in 1931 that is a great little shooter. It is pretty darn accurate for a "point & shoot" belly gun. In 1908 the Colt Vest Pocket cost a whopping $16 with the hard rubber grips and $21 with Mother of Pearl grips. The fancy MOP grips cost 1/3 of the gun.

MadDog
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:48:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2010 4:51:32 PM EDT by Kbear]
FN 1906. IIRCC few were imported due to an agreement with Colt and their 1908 and vest pocket guns. Careful when you break it down as the firing pin and spring has a tendency to fly off.

Edit: Mags are interchangeable, please keep the original plastic grips, and the Colt is a copy of the FN.
Page Handguns » FN
Top Top