Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2017 4:17:46 PM EDT
New FN owner here, how does the FDE slide color hold up? I am debating my holster choice till I know more.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 3:42:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
New FN owner here, how does the FDE slide color hold up? I am debating my holster choice till I know more.
View Quote

I don't carry my FNX45 Tactical. But I put a couple of thousand rounds through it. looks like new. The finish is very durable. I suspect it is cerakote, which is durable, but will of course wear like any finish will. But extended carry would be the best way to tell how it holds up. Hopefully some one here carries one.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:56:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Seems like some type of PVD coating.
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 3:57:14 AM EDT
[#3]
It’s been good to go on mine so far. I’ve only had it a year but I shoot and clean it fairly often. Haven’t seen any more susceptibility to scratching than any of my other guns. It doesn’t like shiny oils though. The finish looks like crap if it gets oily. I’ve used a couple different cleaning options. Started with Breakfree CLP. Looked awful since it’s a little messier. Also use Ballistol on it. It dries a little better than breakfree. I’ve preferred Hornady one shot on this particular gun and that’s a first for me. I typically go for the older style CLPs like Ballistol but the gun wants what it wants.

Anybody else use a drier lube for this gun in FDE?
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top