Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2017 5:27:04 PM EDT
The new FN 509 has caught my interest. I'm in the market for a new 9mm full size around the October/November timeline, I had my heart set on another companies product, but their recent poor decisions have soured that for me.

1. I mentioned a full size, because this would be primarily a USPSA/IDPA/3-GUN competition pistol for me, with the occasional carry during winter when I felt like wearing a full size. The 509 is being touted as the evolution of the FNS, and I know FN offered the FNS in a "long slide" model with a 5" barrel, how many feel the same product lines will exist on the new 509 line?

2. To add on to that, does anyone think we'll see suppresser ready models with threaded barrels and tall sights, or factory milled slides for red dot setups?

3. With this being (or at least appearing to be) FN's answer to the P320, do you think we'll see a compact/subcompact variant of the same pistol?

4. Magazines. SIG Kicks butt with their options for factory magazines with 21 rounds, do you think we'll see this from FN as well?
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 6:52:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Just get the Fns-9L.  PM me.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 10:49:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes I am waiting for the 509 with FNX Tactical treatment with milled slide, threaded barrel, tall sights in FDE. I'm hoping one will be along soon. I find myself buying only Suppressor Ready pistols these days. I am also waiting for the CZ P-10 Suppressor Ready model before I buy.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 9:20:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't wait, buy the 509 now and support FN to further the line. The more success in this pistol, the more likely they are to spread it's platform.

Mine will be here tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 10:59:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just get the Fns-9L.  PM me.
View Quote
PM sent
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:00:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Don't wait, buy the 509 now and support FN to further the line. The more success in this pistol, the more likely they are to spread it's platform.

Mine will be here tomorrow.
View Quote
Well, I don't exactly have that option, I'm deployed and wont likely be back in the states until November. But I do agree that everyone else should start buying them, to support FN so they will further the line, ideally around October, so I can get what I want.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 8:05:49 PM EDT
[#6]
So I guess the FNS is gone now. I have a FNS L 5" I bought new for $399 last year. I really like that gun. I guess the 509 will be yet another magazine that won't work with any other FN pistol like the FNS or FNX
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 8:25:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So I guess the FNS is gone now. I have a FNS L 5" I bought new for $399 last year. I really like that gun. I guess the 509 will be yet another magazine that won't work with any other FN pistol like the FNS or FNX
View Quote
509 mags work in FNS 9 (fullsize/long slide) if you put a FNS 9 baseplate on the mag. I would imagine 509 mags will work in a FNS 9C as is because the baseplate doesn't reach the bottom of the grip. I don't think the FNS series is going anywhere anytime soon. The 9c seems to be a good seller....I'm debating on buying a 9c, long slide or FNX 45 TAC
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 9:05:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm debating on buying a long slide
View Quote
PM me
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 12:06:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I love FN long guns, but their handguns always seem to lack a factory commitment and seem to be replaced by the next great thing every few years...
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top