BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/17/2017 11:21:06 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:14:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Well this explains all the $399 or less FNS's on the market, I think they may have that MSRP a little on the High side with all the options we have on the market right now.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:24:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well this explains all the $399 or less FNS's on the market, I think they may have that MSRP a little on the High side with all the options we have on the market right now.
View Quote
I wondered the same thing....
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 3:24:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Meh, I watched a couple videos of it today on Youtube and to me there is very little difference between it and the FN-S anyways.  Same 4" barrel, same 17rd mag.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 3:56:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, dang. Now I want one. I've got an affinity for the FNS pistols and aggressive texturing..
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:16:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:33:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Pretty much.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:39:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Nope..... I'll stick with Hi-Powers. My FNP-45 USG didn't "wow" me. The FNS didn't "wow" me. 
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:07:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah I agree with the FNS not WOWing, I hate the 2pcs hing trigger on it.  Good gun yes. A must have? No
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:47:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yeah I agree with the FNS not WOWing, I hate the 2pcs hing trigger on it.  Good gun yes. A must have? No
View Quote
Hated that trigger design on my M&P 45. Still hate it on my Shield .40. But the Shield is a truck gun. 

I'm sticking with Glock. Not saying that FN, Steyr, Walther, HK, HS Produkt, Ruger, Beretta, Remington, and Sig don't make good guns. But they aren't wowing me to leave Glock. Kinda like the SCAR, ACR, and ARX. Sure, they're nice guns but meh.... they do the same thing my AR does.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:33:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks great. FN states it's a beefed-up FNS. I like it and can't wait to handle one.

Agree with above that they have a high MSRP on it. With a price of $650 (street price will be lower) they aren't gonna woo anyone thinking of buying a Glock. The P-10C is $150 less. The APX is $75 less. Going to have a tough time selling at their price in this ever increasingly crowded market.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:42:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Why are night sights LE only?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:59:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Meh, I watched a couple videos of it today on Youtube and to me there is very little difference between it and the FN-S anyways.  Same 4" barrel, same 17rd mag.
View Quote
There's a world of difference between this and the FNS. I participated in the T&E of the pistol months ago, and it's a real overhaul of a good pistol to a great pistol.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:40:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

There's a world of difference between this and the FNS. I participated in the T&E of the pistol months ago, and it's a real overhaul of a good pistol to a great pistol.
View Quote
enlighten me then please
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:05:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
LAV said the same thing during one of his FB live Q&A sessions.

I personally love my FNS9c so I'm excited to check one of these out in person.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:14:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Why are night sights LE only?
View Quote
Marketing gimmick.  With guns, marking or marketing them as LE only makes a certain segment of the buying public want those things more even at a higher cost and even if they can get a similar product from a different vendor for less.

That being said, I think this pistol has potential at around $500 if they make mags relatively inexpensive ($30 or less).
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:47:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

enlighten me then please
View Quote
The mag release was the first thing I noticed that was better, it wasn't as stiff as the FNS.
The trigger on this gun is great, the only trigger that I've felt that was better on a striker fired gun was the CZ P10c.
FN always had the best out of the box sights to me and they continued that tradition.
The front cocking serrations felt really good, a little deeper than the FNS.
Last but not least this gun just tracks better, if you like to shoot fast this gun can do it.

The group of guys that participated in this T&E were picking out pistols for an agency, we were given 9mm striker fired guns and told to evaluate them. This evaluation took months and a person for FN came out with a few 509's for us to evaluate while we were picking a new pistol. It was put threw its paces right along with every other pistol. We only got to shoot it for two days (they submitted late), but between the 5 of us, plenty of rounds were sent down range without a hiccup.
I'll subscribe to this thread if I can answer any questions about how it shoots. Remember I only shot it for 2 days, so I can't give a in depth review of it
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:09:40 PM EDT
[#17]
And I see Apex is coming out with a trigger for it too :D
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 6:37:38 PM EDT
[#18]
As an FNS9 and 9C owner, this looks interesting but not enough to make me want it. Besides once the CZ P10C is released, it will probably put it to shame
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:14:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
As an FNS9 and 9C owner, this looks interesting but not enough to make me want it. Besides once the CZ P10C is released, it will probably put it to shame
View Quote
The P10c is the best striker gun I've ever shot, I'm getting two right off the bat. The 509 is a great pistol tho, it has a really good grip to slide ratio.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:22:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The P10c is the best striker gun I've ever shot, I'm getting two right off the bat. The 509 is a great pistol tho, it has a really good grip to slide ratio.
View Quote
If only they would ship the damn things. I want to use one off duty
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:28:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
And I see Apex is coming out with a trigger for it too :D
View Quote
And its supposedly backwards compatible with the FNS series. About time there was an aftermarket trigger.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 2:51:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

And its supposedly backwards compatible with the FNS series. About time there was an aftermarket trigger.
View Quote
This pisses me off.  I sold my FNS-9L for two reasons -- the trigger and it shooting consistenly low by about 2 feet.

Now makes me think I should've waited.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 3:03:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 6:59:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This pisses me off.  I sold my FNS-9L for two reasons -- the trigger and it shooting consistenly low by about 2 feet.

Now makes me think I should've waited.
View Quote
PM me if you are looking for one.  I have one with 8 mags I'd consider selling for the right price.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 2:45:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

PM me if you are looking for one.  I have one with 8 mags I'd consider selling for the right price.
View Quote
I'm going to wait until APEX actually produces the trigger.  They've been promising one for years.

Where did you hear the trigger was coming?  Nvm.  found it.  Link
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 4:02:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm going to wait until APEX actually produces the trigger.  They've been promising one for years.

Where did you hear the trigger was coming?  Nvm.  found it.  Link
View Quote
I read a few years ago on another forum that Randy said the FNS assembly was to complicated to make simple drop in parts so Apex wasn't going forward with the FNS.  Maybe that has changed.  FN has been giving away the FNS for years at NRA shooting competitions for around 4 years and very few have jumped on board.  I don't see the 509 offering much more.  Another poster above mentioned testing the 509 with other weapons in a pistol evaluation.  It would seem that the 509 was not selected.  David
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 5:11:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I read a few years ago on another forum that Randy said the FNS assembly was to complicated to make simple drop in parts so Apex wasn't going forward with the FNS.  Maybe that has changed.  FN has been giving away the FNS for years at NRA shooting competitions for around 4 years and very few have jumped on board.  I don't see the 509 offering much more.  Another poster above mentioned testing the 509 with other weapons in a pistol evaluation.  It would seem that the 509 was not selected.  David
View Quote
I received word last week that the 509 was selected. I believe the order was around the 9000 mark.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 6:43:08 PM EDT
[#28]
FN makes a good product. It is just their history of dropping support for anything other than the Hi-Power is common place. They did it with tbe Forty-Nine, then the FNP, and possibly now with the FNS. 

All the big names make a quality striker fire pistol. Glock, HK, FN, Sig, S&W, Steyr, Walther, Beretta, HS Produkt, and even Ruger. 

But they a don't do much to make me leave Glock. I'm invested and so is the market itself. Good all around platform. 
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 3:42:27 PM EDT
[#29]
I picked up one today, VERY impressed so far. Can't wait to hit the range...
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 7:18:27 PM EDT
[#30]
I guess they couldn't decide what kind of grip stippling they wanted. So they just used them all
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:31:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I guess they couldn't decide what kind of grip stippling they wanted. So they just used them all
View Quote

All done for a reason
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:59:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
I didn't notice it until you mentioned it. 
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 7:03:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I picked up one today, VERY impressed so far. Can't wait to hit the range...
View Quote
Do you happen to own a FNS too?  I'd love to see a detailed comparison of the frame internals on what is changed in the firing mechanism
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 11:00:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Do you happen to own a FNS too?  I'd love to see a detailed comparison of the frame internals on what is changed in the firing mechanism
View Quote

No, but I'd really like the compact.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 8:26:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I received word last week that the 509 was selected. I believe the order was around the 9000 mark.
View Quote
I see the contract with Brinks. 9000 guns wow that is bigger than the FBI contract. Good for FN.  David
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 8:44:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I see the contract with Brinks. 9000 guns wow that is bigger than the FBI contract. Good for FN.  David
View Quote
Glad someone found it, I didn't know if I was at liberty to say.
Where did you find the contract?
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 3:08:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's all over the net on different blogs.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 12:23:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Hated that trigger design on my M&P 45. Still hate it on my Shield .40. But the Shield is a truck gun. 

I'm sticking with Glock. Not saying that FN, Steyr, Walther, HK, HS Produkt, Ruger, Beretta, Remington, and Sig don't make good guns. But they aren't wowing me to leave Glock. Kinda like the SCAR, ACR, and ARX. Sure, they're nice guns but meh.... they do the same thing my AR does.
View Quote
So you just came to the FN area to shitpost about how great your Glock is?  Here's a secret, Glaock aren't that great.  They are just average.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 7:08:55 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm a huge Glock fan. Just got my 509 and it really puts my Gen4 19 to shame.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 9:17:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'm a huge Glock fan. Just got my 509 and it really puts my Gen4 19 to shame.
View Quote
Yeah but for those of us who are not glock fans most anything puts them ; (glocks) to shame.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 9:43:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
So you just came to the FN area to shitpost about how great your Glock is?  Here's a secret, Glaock aren't that great.  They are just average.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I owned a FNP-45 USC and when FN pulled the rug out from under us when it came to support I got a bad taste in my mouth. Sold it and said the only FN handguns I'll keep are my Hi-Power. As a company they have a record of dropping support for civilian products. 
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 9:59:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Looks like someone just copied an HK VP 9. Good luck with that. 
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 11:06:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Another poster above mentioned testing the 509 with other weapons in a pistol evaluation.  It would seem that the 509 was not selected.  David
View Quote
Neither was the darling favorite, the Glock. The 320 was.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 11:55:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
What?
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 8:15:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
No it's clearly a copy of a S&W lemon squeezer

That is how much sense you just made
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:02:52 PM EDT
[#46]
I just watched a couple of videos and the 509 has some really weak ejection.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 12:51:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I just watched a couple of videos and the 509 has some really weak ejection.
View Quote
I've shot over 500 rounds through mine, including wolf steel case, and the first 250 without lubing or cleaning out of the box. I had one FTF in the 3rd magazine through the gun and haven't had a problem since. I see what you are saying but just wanted to give you my unpaid experience. I'm not video taping myself shooting, and all those rounds have been fired indoors so I'm not able to see how far the rounds are ejecting since they're bouncing off a wall next to me. Every Glock I've purchased brand new has gone through the same treatment and has had exactly the same amount of failures. I've got a feeling these pistols will prove themselves over a short time.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 8:21:53 AM EDT
[#48]
picked up a 509 this week and took her to the range today. she is nice and no issues except that the trigger sticks - will not reset sometimes. ~15 failures from 200 rds. other than that she nice and accurate. because of the sticking trigger i will stick (no pun intended) to my Glocks for self defense.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 5:42:57 AM EDT
[#49]
Update: I freaking hate the mag release. A millimeter or two more would be nice.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 1:23:39 PM EDT
[#50]
What holster are you guys using?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top