5.7x28mm, 34gr PFP, V57 Prime, Vanguard Outfitters, Review
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 6:17:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Very impressive.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 1:12:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 6:54:13 PM EDT
[#3]
As always, excellent job! Looks like another great 57 round. Obviously extremely similar to the T6B, but this round actually seems to fragment a little out of the pistol. I have never seen a T6B fragment out of a pistol.

The more I think about it, the more I believe the T6B is one of the best performing pistol cartridges around. Which major handgun service round can perform like this? None that I can think of.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 9:19:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I was going back through my email and found this info regarding the dragon fang projectile from vanguard (similar to the v57 but not yet tested):

Please note GSC manufactures this projectile which we then load.  The bullet engineer notes The Dragon Fang design increases the mass of the tip structure and reduces the mass of the secondary body which increases the retained velocity with separation as well as better balance overall of bullet for flight dynamics.  It is also designed to transfer energy better in fluid tissue enhancing cavitation and reducing over penetration potential compared to Prime.  Further, the second and third section of the Dragon Fang have patented drive bands incorporated where as the the prime just had drive bands on second segment.  As such the Dragon Fang has better stability over longer range.  

Interesting.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 11:47:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I have some of the fang on the way. 

The v57 prime btw is 99.99% copper and pretty soft. 12-15 on the rhB scale. 
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top