Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2017 5:06:19 PM EDT
So I just bought a new FNX-9 from Sportsman Outdoor Superstore. Took it to the range today. I shot 6 mags of 147 grain Federal American Eagle and 2 mags of 147 grain Federal HST. Twice the slide failed to lock back on the last round and I had 4 failure to feeds. The rounds nosed up and only partially entered the ramp. It was cleaned and lubed prior to the range trip. This is my first FNH purchase and I am a little disappointed. I've been a Sig guy and I'm not used to having to "break" a gun in. Is this normal. Thanks for any insight.

As an update, on my following range trip I shot 150 rounds of 124gr. +P Winchester Ranger with no problems. On my next range trip I went back to my usual target ammo, the Federal American Eagle(147gr) with no problems. All is good.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 12:11:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an FNX 9  and it has feed ball all day long. I did shoot some JHP's from Underwood and they worked fine. Sounds like the ammo you are using is a little under powered.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 3:01:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Just give it some time to break in. My FNS9 had a couple of FTF in the beginning but after the first trip to the range with it they ceased. FN is a damn good firearms manufacturer. I sold my FNS9 and FNX45 to go exclusively Glock, but have been thinking a lot lately about picking up an FNX9 or FNS9 again. Like I said they are some of the best guns out there I think they just don't get enough attention.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top