Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 11/28/2016 9:12:29 PM EDT
It would seem that FN would try to release a new tactical pistol by now since releasing the FNX 45 Tactical. How hard would it be for them to make the FNX 9 with a threaded barrel and tall night sights with the word "Tactical" on the slide.
I would think that it would sale rather good, but hey maybe the marketing people know something I don't know?
Link Posted: 11/28/2016 10:19:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I would buy one in a heart beat
to go with my 2 FNXT-45's.

John
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 12:23:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I would think sales would be good.

HK has the USP tactical in 9mm.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 1:22:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I would buy one. Been waiting for it in 9mm
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 2:16:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd be all over a 9mm version of the Tactical.  Make a .40 and I'd probably buy that too.

Take the FNX-9 frame, put together a longslide top end like the FNS-9L, threaded barrel, suppressor night sights, and I could go either way on the mini reflex sight mount.

Has to be FDE though.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 7:12:03 PM EDT
[#5]
When FN started to moderize their pistols away from the classic Hi Power they started with the polymer framed FN fortynine,  then they tried again with the FNP, then made a FNP USG, the FNX was the next evolution and then the striker fired FNS.  FN has been pushing the FNS for 10 years now.  All the ads, NRA competitions and LE contracts are for the FNS.  They came out with a FNS longslide and then the FNS compact.  They have done nothing with the FNX for many years.   I wonder what they sell more of the Hi Power or FNX.  I traded for a FDE FNX that someone had cerakoted a few years ago.  It was the closest thing I could get to a FNX tactical 9mm.   David
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 1:33:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Pretty much this, market forces are such that even the big three hammer fired titans (Sig, HK, CZ) have all done mainstream striker guns.  

I want an FNS Tactical.  The barrels on those things are skinny, they would have to do some creative engineering to make a threaded barrel but I LOVE my FNS.  Its my first striker gun since ... an M&P40 I had years ago that I rarely even shot.  People complain that the mags are expensive but thats a stupid reason to not adopt a great pistol.  Just work harder and buy a mag every payday and you'll be asshole deep in them before you know it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 2:08:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When FN started to moderize their pistols away from the classic Hi Power they started with the polymer framed FN fortynine,  then they tried again with the FNP, then made a FNP USG, the FNX was the next evolution and then the striker fired FNS.  FN has been pushing the FNS for 10 years now.  All the ads, NRA competitions and LE contracts are for the FNS.  They came out with a FNS longslide and then the FNS compact.  They have done nothing with the FNX for many years.   I wonder what they sell more of the Hi Power or FNX.  I traded for a FDE FNX that someone had cerakoted a few years ago.  It was the closest thing I could get to a FNX tactical 9mm.   David
View Quote

Has it been that long already? Ten years of the FNS? 

Damn, it only seems like yesterday when FN fucked me over with the FNP to Nx switch with my .45.

Link Posted: 12/5/2016 2:19:48 PM EDT
[#8]
FNS/FNX tac in 9mm and I'd swipe the credit card instantly.

I love my FNX40, but my g19 and sig p320 see more range time. An FN tac 9 would be a game changer that I wouldn't be able to say no to
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 3:37:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I've though this too.  Probably the same reason Glock hasn't made Gen 4 suppressor ready pistols..  Whatever that may be.

Sig and CZ are about your only options for a 9mm gun with a factory threaded barrel and suppressor height sights and it doesn't seem like they've been available for that long.

I want 1/2x28 threads so I'll be going with the upcoming CZ P10 C pistol.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 5:44:57 PM EDT
[#10]
EFK has a threaded extended FNX9 barrel for $225. I've also read of people upgrading the sites to raised night sights too. Probably cost $400 between the barrel and sites. Milling the slide for an RMR might be possible too, but it's a pretty light slide...

Seems like alot of work for a $500 gun.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 3:16:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Im over here still waiting on a striker fired 45. Some aftermarket shit for all their pistols would. Maybe some more spare parts too. MGW doesnt seem to ever wanna replenish anything
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 2:33:38 PM EDT
[#12]
But FNS-L barrel. Have it threaded. Buy FNX suppressor height sights. Have slide milled. Probably be near 1k at that point. But I've been toying with this idea myself
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 12:15:05 AM EDT
[#13]
I want an FN FNX-9 Tactical in FDE.

Do me a favor guys, head over to FN's Facebook page and post a message about wanting an FNX-9 Tactical LOL! I've been bugging them for months. They reply and say thanks for the input! Hopefully if enough people bug them!
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top