Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 11/21/2016 10:26:45 PM EDT
.40 Super is more powerful than 10mm, so I hesitate to put my RMR back on my FNX after the conversion.  Anyone using an RMR when shooting .40 Super?

Link Posted: 11/22/2016 1:15:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I did not know EFK made a .40 Super barrel.....

Would have to look it up but I thought .40 Super was right at or slightly behind true 10mm loads.

My money is on the RMR being fine.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 10:26:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I have and RMR that died after about 2 years on a high round count Glock 9mm.  Trijicon repaired it under warrantee, and it has worked fine since, but I still wonder if it will be reliable under the higher recoil that the .40 Super will deliver.

Underwood ammo is known for having pretty great 10mm loadings, however, their .40 Super 135 grain loading (which uses the exact same bullet as the 10mm loading) has 23% more muzzle energy and the 200 grain .40 Super load has 25% more muzzle energy than the 200 grain 10mm load.

That is a pretty dang significant difference in power and velocity.  In fact, the .40 super 200 grain load is 100 FPS faster than their 180 grain 10mm loading.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top